October Relay/Rally Pledge to Act
We're into October, and the Senate has refused to protect our vote by passing the Freedom to Vote Act, the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act and D.C. Statehood. We're going to need to pull out the stops to get them across the finish line. The Freedom To Vote Relay takes a beautiful route along the C&O Canal bike and walk path among fall colors. Bikers, walkers and runners start Thursday 10/21 morning together and convene at key points.
That’s why a broad coalition of organizations joined together to organize an relay the week of October 20-23rd that will start in West Virginia and end at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C.
Sign up below to join us - ways to engage:
- Thurs. 10/21 & Fri 10/22 - Relay from West Virginia to Washington, D.C. (5 to 70 miles)
The bike route is ~70 miles. Thursday afternoon walkers and runners shuttle to ensure we end up at the midday press conference and end of the day events around the same time.
- Thurs. 8:30am - 13.5 mi. bike/run - Harpers Ferry, WV to Point of Rocks, MD event.
- Thurs. 1pm - 40 mi. bike - Point of Rocks to Glen Echo Park
- Friday 1:30pm 8 mi. walk / 4pm 9.5 mi. bike ride - Glen Echo Park to Ben's Chili Bowl, DC
- Sat. 10/23 - Rally at the Finish Line in Washington, DC - U.S. Capitol
- For West Virginians - Wed. 10/20 - Kickoff the relay with the WV Caravan from Charleston, to Charles Town, WV with the WV Working Families Party & WV Indivisible w/ food & friends!
- Too far away? This form tells you how you can take action virtually as well. We need everyone to win this fight!
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Where did you hear about this event? (organization you heard about it from if applicable)
I Can Organize Locally, I want to:
Captain a bus/car caravans from my community to attend the Sat. 10/23 rally! Aim to recruit ~25-60ppl (share details in the Other section below)
Be a local captain to promote the event and get people to pledge to act virtually for those who can't attend to do calls, letters & phonebanking
Do local outreach to encourage people in our area to attend.
For D.C. area organizations: turn out our staff, interns and supporters for the rally.
I Can Participate! I want to:
Pledge to attend the Sat. 10/23 Rally in Washington, DC! Can't wait!
Volunteer to help with the rally (marshals, set up, sign holders, water & snack distributors)
Pledge to bike/walk/run in the Relay anywhere from a few miles to 70+ miles (walk/run schedule does not cover the whole 70 miles))
Volunteer to help with the relay (support team, pick up, help transport relayers, help w/ welcome team at baton handoffs, hand out water/snacks)
Join the WV caravan on Wed., Oct 20th from near Charleston, WV to Charles Town, WV
I can't make the relay or rally but am ready to pledge to help by recruiting others, driving calls into the Senate myself and through phonebanking, writing letters to the editor, etc.!
City or Cities Where I or We Can Organize
Are you with an organization or are you individual?
Organization - name below in "Other" section
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service