October Relay/Rally Pledge to Act
We're into October, and the Senate has refused to protect our vote by passing the Freedom to Vote Act, the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act and D.C. Statehood. We're going to need to pull out the stops to get them across the finish line. The Freedom To Vote Relay takes a beautiful route along the C&O Canal bike and walk path among fall colors. Bikers, walkers and runners start Thursday 10/21 morning together and convene at key points.
That’s why a broad coalition of organizations joined together to organize an relay the week of October 20-23rd that will start in West Virginia and end at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C.
Sign up below to join us - ways to engage:
- Thurs. 10/21 & Fri 10/22 - Relay from West Virginia to Washington, D.C. (5 to 70 miles)
The bike route is ~70 miles. Thursday afternoon walkers and runners shuttle to ensure we end up at the midday press conference and end of the day events around the same time.
- Thurs. 8:30am - 13.5 mi. bike/run - Harpers Ferry, WV to Point of Rocks, MD event.
- Thurs. 1pm - 40 mi. bike - Point of Rocks to Glen Echo Park
- Friday 1:30pm 8 mi. walk / 4pm 9.5 mi. bike ride - Glen Echo Park to Ben's Chili Bowl, DC
- Sat. 10/23 - Rally at the Finish Line in Washington, DC - U.S. Capitol
- For West Virginians - Wed. 10/20 - Kickoff the relay with the WV Caravan from Charleston, to Charles Town, WV with the WV Working Families Party & WV Indivisible w/ food & friends!
- Too far away? This form tells you how you can take action virtually as well. We need everyone to win this fight!