ResCov Fall 2019 Community Groups
This Fall we have several ways for you to connect in our community. Below are short descriptions of our fall groups. Please complete the form to sign up!
1) BOOK CLUB: Hosted by Pastor Dave @ his home. Next Gathering Tuesday, Sept. 24th in the evening
Do you love to read? Do you love to talk with others about what you are reading? This one is for you. This group gathers every 4-6 weeks to read a book that intersects life and faith. Sometimes that intersection is obvious, sometimes a little more opaque… so a lot like real life. The next gathering will explore the book “The Bluest Eye” by Toni Morrison.
2) ENNEAGRAM: Hosted by Jenny Mecher and Sara Dinges @ ResCov. Tuesday evenings beginning Oct. 15th
Have a familiarity with the Enneagram but wondering how it impacts your relationships? This group will use the study guide for “The Path Between Us” by Suzanne Stabile to explore how our type impact our relationships. It is important to have a basic knowledge of the Enneagram, including what type you are and a basic understanding of each of the types.
3) DINNER GROUP/TABLE TALK: Hosts are Rich and Sue Horgan @ their home. Tuesday evenings (7-9pm) for 5 weeks beginning Oct. 15th.
Gather with others around table to have a meal, share life, and pray together. This group is all about being together and moving out of the shallow end. Come and connect with others as we eat and pray together.
4) ACTIVISM AND JESUS: Hosts are Kristin Brody and Pastor Jen @ Pastor Jen’s place. Meets the second Wednesdays of the month beginning Oct. 9 at 7:30pm
A monthly group around social justice – more specifically the connection between activist work and following Jesus. This is a very practical group in which meetings will consist of together taking action in practical ways, such as writing letters to our elected officials. There will be space to talk through the issues that concern many of us and that we often feel overwhelmed by, to sift through tangible solutions or responses, and to root ourselves in the revolutionary story of Jesus who came to liberate the poor and oppressed.
5) WARMING CENTER MEAL PREP: Hosts are Marit Awes and Laura Ebner @ ResCov. Meets the Thursday before the second Friday around 7pm
This group gathers to prepare a meal for our warming center guests. This group,has been meeting for a couple years and unintentionally and organically has become a wonderful space for women in our community to share life while also serving our warming center guests. If are you looking for that kind of space, please join us.
6) THE NEXT QUESTION: Hosts are Alli and Luke Halvorsen @ their place. Meets Sunday evening beginning Oct. 20th
We are excited to have a last minute addition to our community group line-up! Alli and Luke Halvorsen are hosting a watch party and discussion at their home in the North Park Neighborhood for The Next Question - A video web series imagining how expansive racial justice can be hosted by author Austin Channing Brown, Chi Chi Okwu, and former ResCover Jenny Booth Potter!
Please sign me up for:
BOOK CLUB with Pastor Dave
ENNEAGRAM with Jenny Mecher and Sara Dinges
DINNER GROUP with Rich and Sue Horgan
ACTIVISM AND JESUS with Kristin Brody and Pastor Jen
WARMING CENTER MEAL PREP with Marit Awes and Laura Ebner
THE NEXT QUESTION with Alli and Luke Halvorsen
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of ResCov.
Terms of Service