The Graham County Chamber of Commerce is excited to extend an invitation to Chamber Members to serve on our Board of Directors for a three-year term, January 1, 2024 to December 31, 2026. This is an exceptional opportunity for dedicated individuals to contribute significantly to business community development, leadership training, and tourism marketing in Graham County.
Board Responsibilities and Time Commitment:
Board members are expected to attend a monthly meeting at 8:00 AM on the fourth Wednesday of every month and actively participate in at least one committee. The commitment to our Chamber is a big responsibility. Board members are discouraged from serving simultaneously on several other non-profit boards.
Opportunities for Service and Impact:
- Planning and executing SalsaFest and Safford Spring Festival.
- Participation in the creation of the annual budget.
- Steering advocacy priorities to support local businesses.
- Representing the business community in various forums.
- Engaging in community meetings to enhance local collaboration.
- Promoting tourism and business activities in the Gila Valley.
- Networking opportunities to make new connections and promote personal businesses.
Selection preference will go to owners of businesses in Graham County. To maintain the integrity and reputation of the Chamber, prospective board members should not have a history of bankruptcy or felony convictions.
Why Join the Board?
Serving on the Board of Directors is not just about responsibilities; it is about making a tangible difference in our community. It is a platform to advocate for local businesses, influence economic policies, and foster a vibrant business environment in Graham County.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the eligibility criteria are encouraged to register their interest to the Graham County Chamber of Commerce by filling out this form by 5:00 pm on December 15th.
About the Graham County Chamber of Commerce:
The vision of the Graham County Chamber of Commerce is to advance the quality of life for everyone in the Gila Valley through connection, leadership, and tourism by recruiting and developing an exemplary, professional, and ethical team.