In-person 1-day Conference
Saturday, April 22, 2023
Contact us at (250)893-6804 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR APPLICATIONVancouver Island Cooperative Preschool Association (VICPA)
invites you to submit proposals for workshops/keynote presentations
to be part of the upcoming Early Years Conference:
This conference is the 40th Anniversary of the Making Tomorrow Conference, and will be a special day for nurturing the intellectual, spiritual and emotional needs of Early Childhood Educators and Early Years workers.
You are invited to submit workshops related to your expertise on topics related to Early Years Education and Development.
Priority will be giving to workshops that reflect the following concepts:
• Finding 'flow' in early years settings for children and educators
• Educator wellbeing and professional joy
• Post-pandemic challenges/needs/navigation
• Supporting children and educators from diverse backgrounds
• Visioning for the future of Early Childhood Education in BC
• Family engagement in organized early years settings
• Nature-based, learning through play, Reggio
• Early Childhood development
2 hours in length including question & answer period
Run for the entire block of time (may include question and answer, and/or discussion period)
Be designed for an adult audience
Reflect inclusive programming for preschool-age and/or school-age children
Provide innovative programs or research findings
Be suitable for a minimum of 30 attendees
Presented 2 times on workshop day
Remuneration as requested by presenter will be considered. We ask that you present one workshop twice on conference day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Morning coffee/snack and lunch is provided on conference day.
Photocopies, transportation, accommodation, and parking are not included. If you cannot lead your workshop, it is your responsibility to find an alternate presenter and notify the conference organizer as soon as possible. Please do not sell or endorse products in your workshop.
The MTC committee reviews and selects proposals based on the timeliness of the topic, creativity, expertise of presenters and relevance to the Early Years community.
● Early childhood educator
● Early childhood educator assistant
● School-age child care provider
● Licensed family child care provider
● Registered license-not-required child care provider
● Those care providers who have completed the Responsible Adult course
This conference is partially funded through the Canada-British Columbia Early Learning and Child Care (ELCC) Agreement between the Government of Canada and the Province of British Columbia.
FOR PARTICIPANTS: To ensure attendee participation from
small and rural communities, we will offer travel subsidy, accommodation,
and Communities of Practice based on workshop/keynote content in the weeks
following the conference. We will also offer reduced ticket prices to increase conference accessibility for attendees.