5th Grade Computer Science Assessment
What is your First and Last Name?
Which School do you go to?
1. Which one of these is an algorithm?
Programming a robot to walk once around a square.
Giving a robot a name.
Watching a robot.
Listening to a robot.
2. There is a big red square painted on the school playground. Your teacher takes the class out to the playground. You are given instructions to walk around the big red square once. You are standing on Point A and start walking to Point B. To continue walking the square, which way do you turn?
Turn 360 degrees
3. You want to control a toy robot moving around a room. You write this step in your algorithm: Turn right at the wall. What could be the code for this?
Forward. Wall? Yes - Left. No - Right
Right. Wall? Yes - Stop. No - Back
Forward. Wall? Yes - Right. No - Forward
Right. Wall? Yes - Forward. No - Stop
4. What is computer code?
A special language
A foreign language
A list of passwords
A list of shapes
5. Look and compare the images below. What do you think happens when Sprite1 is touching Star2?
Play drum 1 for 0.25 beats
Play note 60 for 0.5 beats
Play sound cave
Play sound dog1
6. You are creating a code to display the daily weather on a webpage. In order to do that, you need to use the following coding concept:
7. Which angle is not a possibility when coding around a triangle?
8. You are designing toy traffic lights. You program the toy car to stop when the lights are red and go when the lights are green. Which program would be the best choice for your code?
Stop - If Red, Go - If Green
Stop - If Red, Stop - If Green
Go - If Red, Stop - If Green
Go - If Red, Stop - If Green
9. Computers store information in a special code. The smallest piece of this code is called a ____.
10. URL is an abbreviation of 'Uniform Resource Locator'. What does this mean?
A web address
A web page
11. You want your character in a game you are coding to start walking with the left leg. What code do you use?
Left, Forward 1
Left, Back 1
Right, Forward 1
Right, Back 1
12. Which of the following is a real world example of a loop?
Making a pizza
Finishing your homework
Programming your alarm to go off at the same time everyday
Talking to your friends
14. Which of the following is an example of a strong password
A mixture of letters and numbers
Name of your pet
15. Drones run using
16. Which industries use Computer Science?
All of the Above
17. You are programming a drone. Your drone suddenly stops working mid flight. Which option is not a possible solution?
Checking the battery
Re-pairing the drone
Testing the drone without a battery
Re-starting your app you were using with the drone
18. To run a program in Tynker, where can you find the block you need to start the algorithm?
19. When you use Google CS First, you should always:
Skip the video introduction
Watch the video introduction
Finish your project at the end of every class
Ask the teacher for help before listening to directions.
20. Which is NOT a requirement on the Code of Conduct?
I will use the device and the Internet with my teacher’s permission and only to do the work assigned in school and not for any other reason.
I will be polite and courteous when working with a partner and sharing the device for partner work.
I will not take credit for other people’s work.
I will only work alone.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Evanston-Skokie School District 65.