Dance Research and Resources Assessment 2019
For the first 4 questions, consider the following artists:
Charles “Cholly” Atkins
Bill “Bojangles” Robinson
1. Find a book about one of the artists listed above. List the Author, the Title, the Publisher, and the Publication Date. If the book is electronic, indicate that. If the book is a print book in the library, provide the Library Call Number.
2. Find an article about one of the artists listed above. List the Author, the Title of the Article, the Title of the Periodical (journal, magazine, or newspaper), and the Publication Date.
3. Find a video recording featuring one of the artists listed above. List the Title of the Recording, the Director or Producer (if known), the Publisher, and the Publication Date. If this is an online Video, please provide a URL or list the database you used to access the Video.
4. Find a review of a performance or recording featuring one of the artists listed above. List the Title of the Review, the Author of the Review, the Periodical (journal, magazine, or newspaper), and the Publication Date.
5. What should you look for when evaluating a resource for research purposes? Select at least three.
Accuracy of the information
Authority of the author
6. Which search tool would be most likely to retrieve peer-reviewed journal articles on your dance research topic?
Performing Arts Periodicals Database
7. Which website domain extensions are restricted for use (in other words, only certain types of organizations can use them)? Check all that apply.
8. Which of the following are examples of plagiarism? Check all that apply.
You summarized information you collected from several sources and presented the information as if it were your own.
You included information such as a birth date, premiere date, or other general knowledge without citing the source where you found that information.
In helping you proofread your paper, your roommate re-wrote several paragraphs for you.
You paraphrased or presented an opinion you found in an online interview, for example, how a choreographer felt about a particular dance they created, without citing your source.
While browsing the Web, you copied and pasted text into your paper without quotation marks or without citing the source.
9. What can you do to avoid unintentional plagiarism?
10. What is your librarian's name and email address?
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Western Michigan University.