2020 Camp Wanocksett CIT Application
Join the CIT Program!
The staff at Camp Wanocksett have earned an enviable reputation over the past years by providing boys with a quality summer camp experience. Every year the council seeks to recruit the finest youth members to participate in the Counselor in Training (CIT) Program. Many if not most staff members earned their wings as CITs before becoming paid staff members, and were influenced to become CITs and staff by a staff member or two that they looked up to as campers. Scouts become CITs because they love camp, and want to give back to the program that gave them their memorable camp experiences.
The CIT program builds upon the leadership skills learned via the Scouting program. Through the CIT program, Scouts will become further prepared to take on leadership roles back in their units and communities. Additionally, CITs will learn the foundation for what it takes to be a camp staff member. The CIT program provides scouts with staff experience and helps them develop the skills necessary to deliver a quality program to future generations of campers.
As CITs, scouts have the opportunity to do the following:
• Live in the picturesque CIT village right along the shores of the Thorndike
• Earn 2-3 merit badges a week as part of their daily schedule
• Participate in CIT-oriented trainings, including occasional out-of-camp high adventure-type programming
• Participate in the CW Adventure Team (COPE Program)
• Work in different programs areas every day, and help area directors and junior staff in running programs
• Teach merit badges if invited back for extra weeks (subject to work performance)
Scouts will participate in the program for 4 weeks:
• All Scouts will participate at Camp Wanocksett during training & camp set-up from June 20-26. (School Snow days can be worked around)
• Scouts will then participate in three other weeks in the program of their choosing (any combination of weeks is fine) during the summer.
The total cost of the program for 2020 is $300. This includes all room & board. This amount is not due until acceptance to the program has been confirmed. Fees will be collected at the CIT orientation meeting in May (date TBD).
The CIT Program is an excellent experience for developing leadership skills, for both summer camp staff, troops and crews and beyond. It is a rewarding experience, and the friends and memories you make last a lifetime. The requirements are stiff; the job demanding; the experience exhilarating!
1. Be a registered member of Scouts BSA
2. Age: Be at least 14 years of age by the start of the camp season (June 20, 2020) and not older than 15.
3. Be at least a First Class Scout or Venturer and uphold the ideals expressed in the Scout Oath and Law.
4. Have not previously participated in the Camp Wanocksett CIT program.
1. Complete & submit this application prior to April 15, 2020.
2. Applicants will sign up for an interview after an application has been submitted. Notifications about interviews will begin to go out via email after April 15.
3. Attend an interview (April 30th) at the Heart of New England Council Service Center at 1980 Lunenburg Rd, Lancaster, MA. Interviews will be scheduled by the CIT Director.
4. A CIT orientation meeting will be held for accepted CITs in May (exact date TBD). At this meeting the $300 fee will be collected; this fee includes professionally prepared food throughout the program, exceptional leadership training, and a 2019 CIT t-shirt.
Questions can be directed to the 2020 CIT Director, via email at
Page 1 of 12
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Heart of New England Council, BSA.