Carbon chem review Q 2019
1. What is the maximum number of Covalent bonds than an atom of oxygen can form?
2. Which hydrocarbon below would contain (1) one double bond and still be built correctly?
3. Refer to diagram 2 below. Which of the following molecules ARE built correctly?
all of them
a and b
a, b, and d
a, b, and c
4. C4H6 could be the the molecular formula for: check all that apply
5. Which of the following molecules below would "behave" like an acid?
none of them
6. What is the correct dot diagram for Carbon?
7. Which chemist was responsible for creating the idea of dot diagrams?
8. What is the "octet" rule?
atoms want to have a complete outer level
elements from the periodic level share electrons
atoms will always form covalent bonds
atoms will share protons
9. Which of the molecules below is (are) considered an Alcohol (s)?
They are all alcohols
none of these molecules are alcohols
10. Carbon is AWESOME because it can do (check all that apply)
can bond with itself
has 3 valence electrons
Carbon is NOT awesome, but you know who is? Mr. Rodrigues!
can make double bonds
can make 4 covalent bonds
can make triple bonds
11. A Covalent bond occurs when
one atom gives up an electron to another atom
when ions are involved
slight opposite charges found in two atoms attract
two atoms share a pair of electrons
12. Covalent bond represents a pair of electrons being shared. These bonds also store
energy from the sun
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service