Fall Conference Scholarships Application
ACRL-OR awards two scholarships annually to attend the ACRL Oregon and Washington Joint Fall Conference.
How can the scholarships be used?
The scholarship covers the registration fee of $155 for the conference, which includes room (dorm option) and meals.
Who is eligible?
This scholarship is designed for those who live and/or work in Oregon. For those who live and/or work in Washington, please refer to the ACRL-WA site for conference scholarship information. Those meeting at least one of the criteria below are eligible to apply. Each criteria met will be awarded points in the evaluation process (see below under how the application will be evaluated).
1. First-time attendee of the joint conference.
2. ACRL-OR member.
3. MLIS student in an ALA-accredited program who lives in Oregon.
4. Paraprofessional employee in an Oregon academic library.
5. Part-time or temporary employee in an Oregon academic library.
6. Applicant from diverse cultural/ethnic background and/or historically marginalized group
7. Applicant employed at institution or in position serving under-represented groups
8. Applicants employed at community or technical college or applicant employed at smaller or rural institutions with limited funding
Who is not eligible?
Those who do not live and/or work in Oregon.
Those who meet none of the criteria described above.
Those who have received a Fall Conference Scholarship in the past.
How will applications be evaluated?
A point system will be used to rank applicant eligibility based on the criteria above. In addition, application essays will be evaluated for:
1. Financial need.
2. Interest in the conference theme/program.
3. Plans to apply knowledge gained at the conference.
The deadline for the 2019 Fall Conference Scholarship applications will be Friday, September 13. Applicants will be notified shortly after the application period closes. Registration for the ACRL Oregon and Washington Joint Fall Conference is open until Friday October 4th.
For more information, please contact: