ACSS Isidore Starr Distinguished Social Studies Teacher Award Application
ISIDORE STARR DISTINGUISHED SOCIAL STUDIES TEACHER AWARD
In order to recognize individuals who have made long-term contributions to social studies education, the Arizona Council for the Social Studies has established the Isidore Starr Distinguished Social Studies Teacher Award, presented annually at the ACSS Fall Conference. The award recipient will be presented with a plaque, a $200 cash award and a one year membership in ACSS.
This award recognizes teachers whose programs have:
1. Fostered student understanding of the interaction and complexity of social studies.
2. Stimulated in their students a deep sense of individual rights and responsibility to participate as active members of their society.
3. Encouraged effective social studies education programs in their schools and communities.
4. Increased communication among students, educators and members of their communities.
5. Demonstrated excellence in social studies and citizenship education.
ELIGIBILITY: Social studies educators from any school in Arizona may be nominated as candidates for this award. The nomination may be made by a supervisor, administrator, coordinator, teacher or any other person associated with the social studies program(s) in which the educator is involved.
JUDGING CRITERIA: Nominations will be judged by members of the ACSS Awards Committee based upon these criteria:
1. Excellence in the instruction of social studies education and citizenship.
2. Initiative in the development and implementation of original, and imaginative resources and instructional strategies.
3. Recognition and acclamation by colleagues as a leader in social studies education as evidenced by the candidate's involvement in curriculum innovation and dissemination of ideas and techniques.
4. Initiative and utilization of community resources in the classroom and school.
NOMINATION REQUIREMENTS: To be judged by the ACSS Awards Committee, all nominations must meet the following requirements:
1. Nominations must be typed and include this form as a cover sheet.
2. All nominations must include these elements:
a) A complete résumé/vita for the nominee.
b) A summary of the nominee's social studies education programs, activities, etc., which are pertinent to the criteria.
c) Two (2) letters from a supervisor(s), colleague(s), or a community member that provide evidence supporting the nominee's unique qualifications for this award.
3. Current members of the ACSS Board of Directors and the ACSS Awards Committee are not eligible for nomination.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service