EAST TOUR: From October 11th, 2020 to November 10, 2020, including a week of pre-tour rehearsals.
WEST TOUR: From April 4, 2021 to May 4, 2021, including a week of pre-tour rehearsals.
*JMC reserves the right to modify production and tour dates.
All audition videos must be high-quality with excellent audio, shot from one angle with a single fixed camera (no zooming, tilting, or panning). Videos must not be edited, enhanced or modified in any way.
You can submit one (1) YouTube link that includes two (2) works, or two (2) separate links.
1. A piece for solo piano;2. Regnava nel silenzio in its entirety, played while singing;3. The sextet of act 2, played while singing what you feel is the the most important melodic line (you may switch lines during the sextet).
Lucia & Alisa, Lucia's handmaid - Soprano (alternately)
1. Regnava nel silenzio, with the cavatine – (Lucia) Act 1, scene 22. A contrasting air by another composer, in Italian
Enrico, Lord of Lammermoor - Baritone
1. Cruda funesta smania – (Enrico) Act 1, scene 12. A contrasting air by another composer, in Italian
Edgardo, Lord of Ravenswood - Tenor
1. Fra poco a me ricovero, up to "Lo moro per te!" - (Edgardo) Act 3, scene 32. A contrasting air by another composer, in Italian
Lord Arturo, Lucia's husband - Tenor
1. Per poco fra le tenebre, up to "Ne vengo difensor" - (Arturo) Act 2, scene 22. A contrasting air by another composer, in Italian
Raimondo, a chaplain and Lucia's confidant - Basse / Bass
1. Dalle stanze ove Lucia, up to "Ah!" – (Raimondo) Act 3, scene 12 . A contrasting air by another composer, in Italian
2. The selection of artists for the programming of the JMC 2020-2021 tour will be done before the end of January 2020.
Concerts and Emerging Artists CoordinatorJeunesses Musicales Canada | jmcanada.ca514-845-4108 #231 | sans frais 1-877-377-7951 | 305, avenue du Mont-Royal Est, Montréal QC H2T 1P8