Thank you for your interest in becoming a FLOC Volunteer. We accept volunteer applications on a rolling basis throughout the school year. FLOC is located in Washington, D.C. and all program times are in Eastern Standard Time.
Please complete this application if you're interested in volunteering with FLOC and read our volunteer guidelines below.
Applications are not considered complete until we receive your background check. Please use the link below to submit your background check https://www.coeusglobal.com/council_dc_floc
We ask that you are able to commit to at least two (2) hours per week for 30 weeks. All programs run for the full school year (30 weeks) and each subject will be two (2) hour long sessions per week.
- Fall Session (12 weeks): September 20, 2022 — December 17, 2022
- Spring Session (18 weeks): January 10, 2023 — May 26, 2023
There will not be any programing during DCPS breaks:
- Thanksgiving week (November 21 — November 25)
- Christmas Week (December 26, 2022 — January 3, 2023)
- Winter Break (February 20, 2023 — February 24, 2023)
- Spring break (April 17, 2023 — April 21, 2023)
ALL volunteers will receive training and program-specific curriculums will be provided. As a tutor, you will take a tailored approach designed to guide students through each section at the student's pace. Teaching curriculum by subject will come from one of the following:
- Math — Singapore Math
- Reading — Wilson Reading System
Programs will happen four (4) days every week.
- Tuesday: Math
- Wednesday: Reading
- Thursday: Math
- Saturday: Math; Reading
Students will be required to attend in-person tutoring sessions. Program sites are subject to change as we add community partner locations. Parents/Guardians and volunteers will be notified as new locations become available. Below are the following locations.
- FLOC Headquarters: 1301 Pennsylvania Ave. SE Washington, D.C. 20003
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our Community Outreach and Enrollment Team at RandO@floc.org