DIG Grant Application 2020-2021
Design Interest Group | Dr. Martin Rayala Grant Awards
DESIGN-THINKING LEARNING CHALLENGES
DIG GRANT APPLICATION DEADLINE | Monday, AUGUST 31, 2020
The DIG Grant initiative is in honor of the outstanding work of Dr. Martin Rayala, the co-founder of NAEA’s Design Interest Group. Annual grants are awarded to dedicated art and design educators who develop, implement, and document insightful design-thinking learning challenges.
The intended outcomes of the challenges include:
1) insightful reflections of how design-thinking learning challenges can be successfully integrated into the instructional process;
2) instructional best-practice methods that lead to a positive impact on student learning, the DIG Community, as well as within NAEA members at large; and
3) alignment of challenge objectives and learning targets with the National Visual Arts Standards (NVAS).
The online version of the grant application must be submitted no later than 11:59 PM EDT on August 31, 2020. It is highly encouraged that Grant Award Recipients present an Update during DIG’s Annual Gathering Award Celebrations at the NAEA 2021 Convention in Chicago, IL.
* The purpose of the grant is to provide funding to develop, implement, and document insightful design-thinking learning challenges that otherwise would not have happened.
* Annual grants are awarded to dedicated art and design educators who are active members of NAEA’s Design Interest Group.
* Each year DIG strives to offer at least two to three cash stipends ranging from $250 to $500. Each stipend includes, but not limited to, the purchase of requisite materials and equipment.
* Funding of DIG Grant Awards may vary from year to year. Amounts to be determined based on membership numbers and funding contributions. The awards have a timeline of one year from the receipt of the grant to completion.
* It is highly encouraged that DIG Grant Award Recipients present an Update Report during the Award Celebrations at the convention. No additional funding is available to pay for NAEA convention registration fees.
Grant Proposal: Due by AUGUST 31, 2020, 11:59 pm EDT
Grant Award Notification: Shared by September 14, 2020
GRANT REPORTING DATES
Fall Brief Update: Due no later than November 1, 2020
Winter Brief Update: Due no later than February 15, 2021
Grantee Highlight Celebrations at NAEA Chicago: March 5, 2021
Final Report: Due no later than August 30, 2021
Doris Wells Papanek, DIG Chair |
Cell (847) 772-9959
Rande Blank, Past-DIG Chair |
Cell (215) 530-8085
Page 1 of 5
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Design Learning Network.