Thank you for your interest in Coro's Exploring Leadership Youth Program for Summer 2023. Applications are due Wednesday, March 15, 2023. PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Coro's Exploring Leadership Youth Program trains youth to be civically engaged and take on leadership roles within their communities through experiential learning and an internship in either a business, government, or nonprofit organization
. The program offer participants a stipend of $1,000 for travel and other expenses.The program will run full time for six weeks, June 20, 2023 – July 27, 2023; Monday - Friday, 10am – 4:00pm.
Sessions will be both virtual on Zoom and in-person. ELIGIBILITY
- Current 9th, 10th, or 11th grader living/attending school in the Bay Area
- Able to attend and commit to the entire 6-week summer program
- Able to attend Coro's Virtual Selection Day to be interviewed (various dates in April, 2023)
- Able to return phone calls and emails in a timely manner
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and adhere to Coro in-person meeting guidelines*
*(See Coro's full Vaccination Policy here: https://tinyurl.com/CNCVaccinationPolicy
; and in-person meeting guidelines here: https://tinyurl.com/CNCInPersonMeetingGuidelines
1) Complete this application form by March 15, 2023.
2) Have one recommender (for example: teacher, tutor, sports coach, someone that has seen you show leadership in any capacity) complete the following form by March 15, 2023: https://tinyurl.com/EL2023reference
No single criterion will determine whether or not you are accepted. Here are some things we consider when reviewing applications:
- Employment history
- Extracurricular activities
- Short essay responses (1-3 paragraphs per response)
- One (1) Reference
- There is no minimum GPA required
Coro is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying to Exploring Leadership. Coro does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, class, ability, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national/ethnic origin.
For more information contact Angel Lau at email@example.com or 415-986-0521 extension 700.