About the Talk
The Easter Vigil does not correspond to the usual Saturday evening mass and its character is UNIQUE in the cycle of the liturgical year.
The speaker will cover in detail the “greatest and most noble of all solemnities” as it is on this night (which is different from all other nights) that the Church keeps watch and celebrates the resurrection of Christ:
• Symbols and sensory codes of fire, water, candle
• Procession from darkness to light
• Singing of the Exultet
• Story through the nine readings
• Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Confirmation and Holy Communion) in the case of parish churches
• Renewal of vows
• Passover seder.
At the end, he will discuss with the audience, ”What does all this mean to me?"
About the Speaker
• Brother Collin is a De La Salle Brother and a family therapist.
• He was the Principal Therapist at the Family Life Society for 8 years, between 1993 and 2001.
• He was with the Ministry of Community Development Youth and Sports for more than 30 years, supervising probationers (youth at risk) and working with their families.
• He is a Clinical Member of the Association of Marital and Family Therapy (Singapore).
• In 2003 he was seconded to the La Salle Brothers’ Pacific Asia Regional Novitiate in the Philippines where he lectured extensively on Psycho-spirituality and Religious Life for three years.
• He lectures at St Francis Xavier Major Seminary.
Who Should Attend
Altar servers, catechists, catechumens & candidates, ministry leaders & members, and any Catholic wanting to deep dive into the appreciation of Easter Vigil Mass.