2020 SOUTHERN PRODUCERS LAB
Application Deadline: February 5, 2020, 5pm CST
The 2020 Southern Producers Lab, produced and presented by the New Orleans Film Society, is a program designed to bring together 10 emerging, diverse producers from around the South for an intensive series of workshops, panels, one-on-one mentoring sessions, and community-building opportunities over the course of three convenings throughout the year.
The Lab begins with a three-day intensive in New Orleans April 13–15, 2020, that will engage the expertise of industry leaders and established producers to address the many aspects of producing: funding and financing, sales and distribution, story development, contracts, tax credits, rights and licensing, budgets, and festival strategy.
In addition to the New Orleans event, the cohort will have its second convening in New York City June 8–10, 2020, which seeks to broaden networks through a series of group and one-on-one meetings with executives, industry representatives, and other filmmakers.
The third convening will coincide with the opening weekend of the 31st annual New Orleans Film Festival, to take place October 14-21, 2020.
Selected participants will receive:
- travel and lodging to attend the New Orleans lab April 14–16 (for those based outside the New Orleans area)
- travel and lodging to take part in the New York convening June 8–10.
- travel stipend to support attending the New Orleans Film Festival October 14-21
- complimentary All-Access Pass to the 2020 New Orleans Film Festival
- year-round support and mentorship from the New Orleans Film Society
- a $2000 project support grant
- This program is designed for individuals who are producing the work of others. You may not apply with a project that you are also directing.
- Individuals must apply with a film project that they are currently attached to. The project can be in any stage of production (development, script stage, production, post, etc.).
- High school and under-graduate students may not apply.
- Applicants must be currently living and working as a producer in the American South, including Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 5 (5pm CST), 2020
- APPLICANTS NOTIFIED: February 28, 20202
- NEW ORLEANS LAB: April 13–15, 2020 (travel will take place on Sunday, April 12, and Thursday, April 16)
- NEW YORK CONVENING: June 8–10, 2020 (travel will take place on Sunday, May 31, and Wednesday, June 3)
- NEW ORLEANS FILM FESTIVAL: October 14–21, 2020 (with required dates of attendance October 16–18, 2020)
For full details, visit
THIS APPLICATION WILL TAKE APPROXIMATELY 20 MINUTES TO COMPLETE. PLEASE CONTACT FILMMAKER SUPPORT MANAGER KIYOKO MCCRAE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS APPLICATION: <
Generous support for this program provided by:
Cinereach, JustFilms | Ford Foundation, Perspective Fund, and National Endowment for the Arts
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of New Orleans Film Society.