How my Custom Jewelry commissions work:
- You start the process by filling out this Inquiry Form.
- In about 3-5 days after you submit this form you will receive a rough quote. (it could be sooner depending) The rough quote is based on estimated base material costs, possibly with some options or questions concerning the piece, and a rough estimate of the time it will take to make (dependent on difficulty). Please reply ASAP whether you accept it or would prefer to pass.
- If you accept the rough quote I will put together a more detailed quote that will include a break down of time/materials and possibly if need be a rough design sketch will be sent to you for design approval. This will include an estimated completion date.
- Once the detailed quote is approved a Paypal invoice will be sent to you for a non-refundable 50% deposit. You can pay more than 50% at this time just let me know when you approve the design and I will invoice accordingly. You have 7 days to pay the deposit for normal commissions, rush orders have 24 hours.
- Once the deposit has been paid the materials can be purchased and work can begin on your piece. (turn around time is dependent on my current commission work load)
- Pictures of your completed jewelry piece will be sent once it is finished as well as an invoice for the balance due. At this time the quote will be adjusted if need-be based on actual time/materials cost and will include a actual shipping cost.
- The jewelry piece must be paid in full within 7 days of completion prior to shipping. (I ship once to twice a week depending) If there is an issue and you need more time you must let me know in advance, I will work with you on a case-by-case basis.
NOTES: This form does not guarantee you a slot, only a deposit upon acceptance of a design and detailed quote will do so. Commission slots are 1st come, 1st serve based on availability. I reserve the right to decline a commission for any reason including being booked-up although I will try to stop accepting new forms during that instance.
I try to estimate my time accurately but if I have to custom mold/cast anything for your piece I will try to over estimate a little in-case it takes me longer to complete than I anticipate and the Final Price Adjustment allows me to correct the price (usually bringing it down if I can).
The 50% Deposit is non-refundable. This deposit includes the materials; once the materials are purchased and especially once work has started on it or the piece is made I can not return any of the materials hence why the deposit is non-refundable.
I reserve the right to sell all unpaid/abandoned jewelry pieces to recoup my costs. If you do not contact me in advance nor pay within 7 days of the final invoice I can/will list the jewelry piece for sale and at that time you will then have to pay the current asking price. Your 50%deposit is non-refundable but if you over pay on the deposit that balance can be deducted from the store price.