Zeta Theta Lambda Chapter Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., and the Zeta Theta Lambda Foundation are pleased to announce a scholarship for graduating high school seniors planning to attend a Historically Black College or University (HBCU). This is a $1000 renewal scholarship subsequent to the student's Freshmen year. The recipient is eligible for the scholarship each year provided the student remains enrolled in an (HBCU) and maintains a 3.0 or higher GPA. Students attending the following schools in the Greater Harrisburg Area School are eligible: John Harris, Harrisburg Science & Technology, Susquehanna Township, Steelton-Highspire, Middletown, Bishop McDevitt, Central Dauphin East, and Central Dauphin. All applications must be received on or before April 12, 2023. In addition to the application form other responses are requested and must be completed. Please see the instructions below that to ensure completion all requirements. The application may be submitted via the website using the submission link below.
All of the materials/information listed below must be submitted in a complete packet by the date provided below. Late applications or incomplete packets will not be considered.
• Complete the application form.
• Submit high school transcript.
• Provide two letters of recommendations from high school officials (Counselor, teacher, Principal),
community, church leader, or college staff.
• A 300-word essay on, "Why the attainment of a quality education is important in today’s society".
Students may copy and paste from a separate document or type in the designated section below.
• List of extracurricular activities, community contributions and awards/honors.
1. Must be a senior planning to attend an accredited college or university for the 2023-2024 school year.
2. Must have a 3.0 or better GPA and demonstrate active involvement in school and community.
3. Students planning to attend an Historical Black College or University (HBCU).
The completed application packet must be received on or before April 12, 2023. Late applications will not be accepted.
Execute the following steps to access the Chapter's website to complete the application:
Visit the Zeta Theta Lambda Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity website: hbg1906.org
Questions should be sent to Dr. Sterling S. Thompson, email@example.com