Audubon Minnesota works with Building Owners and Managers to reduce night lighting, especially during spring and fall bird migration periods. Lighting can disorient birds and draw them in towards buildings where they face many hazards. Save birds and energy by turning off unnecessary lights during migration. Any building, regardless of size, can sign on. To learn more and view a list of participating buildings visit: http://mn.audubon.org/lights-out-program
What to do?
• Turn off exterior decorative lighting
• Turn off lobby and atrium lighting
• Turn off interior lights - especially upper stories
When to do it?
• Between midnight and dawn
• Spring: From March 15 to May 31
• Fall: From August 15 to October 31
(or keep light reduction parameters in place year-round)
We consider your participation on-going once you've signed on and we will send reminders before each season and recognition at year end.
We also work with both BOMA Greater Minneapolis and Greater Saint Paul BOMA to get the word out.
*If you have multiple buildings please complete one form per building.
THANK YOU for your participation.