2021 SPE Scholarship Application
The San Joaquin Valley (SJV) chapter of the Society of Petroleum Engineers is offering a college scholarship program for fall 2021. The scholarship is co-funded by SJV member activities and SPE International.
Submittal deadline is April 15th, 2021.
Scholarships will be awarded to graduating high school seniors & undergraduate-level college students. Awarded candidates will receive up to $1,000 depending on academic achievement and overall strength of the applicant pool.
To be eligible an applicant must be a student pursuing a degree in a petroleum-related field (any branch of engineering, environmental or earth sciences) and any of the following:
• A California resident
• Have petroleum industry work experience in California (e.g. internship)
• The child of a current San Joaquin Valley SPE member
For more information, please contact:
Community Outreach Director
Forms can be downloaded from:
SPE - SJV SECTION SCHOLARSHIP SELECTION CRITERIA
To provide a merit award to offset educational expenses for engineering, environmental, or geology/earth science students, who after graduation are interested in entering the petroleum industry, and becoming a member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers.
1. The recipient must be accepted at or enrolled in an accredited college or university in an engineering, environmental sciences or earth sciences field of study. Verification of full-time enrollment is required to receive Scholarship funds.
2. Applicants must be current residents of California, or a child of a current Society of Petroleum Engineers - San Joaquin Valley Section member. However, an applicant from another state who has petroleum-related work experience in the state of California through full, part-time, or summer employment is also eligible.
3. When selecting recipients, a strong consideration is given to the following:
• Demonstrated commitment to entering the petroleum industry through declared industry-related majors or work experience
• Essay responses
• Extracurricular activities
4. Financial need is not being considered.
5. Scholarships will be considered for applicants that are graduating high school seniors. Previous SJV SPE scholarship recipients that have maintained the required scholastic performance will also be considered.
6. Due to the limited number of scholarships available, they will not be automatically renewed. Former SJV SPE scholarship recipients are free to reapply each year but will not be given preferential status.
7. The most outstanding high school senior declaring petroleum engineering major will be aided in submitting an additional application to compete for SPE International's “Gus Archie Memorial Scholarship”. This program funds an entering college freshman student through 4 years of petroleum engineering undergraduate studies at $1,000 per year.
• Scan a copy of your transcript and email it to
• Have teacher complete evaluation and e-mail it to
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service