AVID STUDENT APPLICATION COVER SHEET
Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) is an academic elective class offered to students who want to prepare for four-year universities. The curriculum features critical reading/writing, focused note taking, inquiry, collaboration, effective study strategies, college research/visits and motivational activities. College students are in the classroom twice a week to facilitate collaborative study groups.
1) Commitment to meet all A-G requirements and be eligible to attend a 4-year university
2) Commitment to good attendance/citizenship
3) Commitment to daily note taking and completion of assignments in all academic classes
4) Commitment to enroll in honors/AP courses as appropriate (with the support of the AVID program)
5) Commitment to "trust the process". AVID is about growth and knowing you are capable of great things.