As you know, Home Matters is a weekly linky party, where people stop by for a visit, share their blog posts, and make new friends. The Door is Open Friday through Monday ET. (That means it opens at 00:00 Friday, Eastern Time, or 21:00 Thursday, Pacific Time. And, closes at 00:00 Tuesday, Eastern Time, or 21:00 Monday, Pacific Time)
We have a great deal of fun hosting the Home Matters Party. A considerable amount of time and effort has gone into making Home Matters what it is today — from promoting the party and getting great link-ups to the fun and festive design.
It is important that our Co-Hosts follow the requirements laid out for them by Home Matters and be good communicators.
If you look at our party structure, you will see that we have a Themed Roundup as the top of our post and the Home Matters Party below.
In order to uphold our standards and allow our party to continue to grow, we are looking for Co-Hosts who are willing to do the following:
1. PUBLISH our weekly party post each Friday at 00:00 (Midnight) EST. If you would like it to go up a few minutes before the linky goes live, then please do not publish earlier than Thursday 23:45 EST. Coding will be sent via email. Please read and follow directions.
A WEEKLY THEMED ROUNDUP is a part of our weekly party post. You will receive a Theme Sheet containing all the details for each week's theme and a coding template to make creating your roundup a snap. The Roundup may include up to ONE post from your blog. This template also includes a place in which to add the party coding that you will receive weekly via email.
a) Create a roundup (assigned theme) of 3-5 blog posts (only one may be from your blog). You will receive an instruction sheet, Theme Sheet, and template. b) Create a collage-style graphic for your roundup. c) You are responsible to add your Party URL to the Themed InLinkz each week. The Themed InLinkz closes each Thursday at 11:00 PM Eastern. Use your BLOG NAME as the post title, and add your roundup graphic as the selected image. d) We try to get Theme Sheets out to you early, so you can create your roundups in advance according to your own schedule.
2. Each Tuesday by 9:00 AM, you will send an email to BOTH Lorelai and Kristen including: a) The NUMBER of the link you wish to NOMINATE for FEATURE CONSIDERATION in the next week's party. b) The URL for your blog post to be pre-loaded into next week's Party InLinkz. c) The graphic you want used for the Party InLinkz.
3. PROMOTE the party on your blog and across all of your social media. We ask that you promote it all week long as you can, but promoting is a MUST on the open party days (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday).
4. INVITE people to come join the party. Suggestion: if you are commenting on a post you like during the week, invite them to link-up with us at the #HomeMattersParty.
5. COMMENT on your assigned link-up numbers (you will receive a comment/visit guide), and SHARE the link-ups on social media. Comment on all Hosts’ and Co-Hosts’ Blog Posts included in the themed roundup and party link-up.
6. PLACE our party button in your sidebar. You will receive a special Co-host's button.
7. FOLLOW all Hosts’ and Co-Hosts’ on all of their social media.
8. Be Sure to always use our registered HASHTAG: #HomeMattersParty
BENEFITS of Co-Hosting:
1. Free Blog Advertising. Your blog will be seen on all host and co-host blogs.
2. Blog and Social Media Links in weekly party post.
3. Social Media Promotion.
4. Your photo in the Co-Host Graphic
5. One Blog Post (picture and link) included in the party post each week.
6. One Pre-Placed Link-Up.
7. Co-Host Button
**NOTE** We do use the Better Click to Tweet plug-in. If you don’t already have it, it would be nice if you could get it. It is a free plug-in, and one you will find useful in your own blog posts. (Tweets can be done for Blogger blogs too, even though you cannot use plugins, so no worries).
Here’s what we NEED from you:
1. Please ADD our email addresses to your contacts: email@example.com AND KristenToneyCampbell@gmail.com so our email does not go to spam.
2. ALWAYS send EMAIL to BOTH of us: Lorelai and Kristen.
3. Email a PROFILE PICTURE (a larger rectangular shape at least 300x400 pixels ) of yourself for us to use for the party. **(We NEED this right away please.)**
FILL OUT the following information and SUBMIT. Thank you for applying. We will get back to you shortly.
PLEASE be sure to give us the FULL and COMPLETE URL addresses -- INCLUDE the http://