Fowler Unified provides summer academic and enrichment opportunities for elementary students entering transitional kindergarten or kindergarten through 5th grade. The goal of the summer school program is to provide a variety of educational learning experiences to reduce summer learning loss.
The summer program will operate Wednesday, June 13 - Friday, June 29. Classes will be in session from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. each day. Spaces in the program are limited. If you are interested in having your child participate in this program, please complete the registration form below.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Where will the summer program be located?• Marshall and Fremont students will attend Marshall Elementary School (142 N. Armstrong Ave., Fowler, CA 93625)
• Malaga students will attend Malaga Elementary School (3910 S. Ward Ave., Fresno, CA 93725)
2. Who can attend? • Fowler Unified students who will be entering transitional kindergarten or kindergarten through 5th grade in August.
3. Who will teach? • Credentialed teachers who are familiar with the grade level requirements for grades TK – 5.
4. What will my child do in the summer program?• The transitional kindergarten / kindergarten program will emphasize preparing children to start kindergarten. There will be a strong focus on academic activities which include name and letter writing, letter recognition, math and science concepts. In addition, children will experience literature, art, music and the opportunity to become familiar with school routines.
• Grades 1 – 5 will focus on building students’ reading, writing and math skills. In addition, students will have enrichment opportunities in science, art and technology.
5. How many students will be in a classroom?• Each classroom will have approximately 24 - 25 students with one teacher and one instructional aide. 6. Will my child eat breakfast and lunch at school? • Yes, breakfast and lunch will be served at no cost to families.
7. Will school bus transportation be available? • Yes, students who ride the bus during the normal school year will be picked up at the regular designated bus stops at the regular times.
8. How will I be notified if my child has been enrolled in the summer school program?• Parents will be notified by email if their child is enrolled in the summer program.
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: Please complete and submit this registration form before April 30, 2018.