Duties include:• Obtain recommendations for, and review of, the proposed Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) from all school advisory committees
• Develop and approve the SPSA and related expenditures in accordance with all state and federal laws and regulations
• Recommend the SPSA and related expenditures to the governing board for approval
• Provide ongoing review of the implementation of the SPSA with the principal, teachers, and other school staff members
• Make modifications to the SPSA whenever the need arises
• Submit the modified SPSA for governing board approval whenever a material change (as defined in district governing board policy) is made in planned activities or related expenditures
• Annually (and at each semester, trimester, etc.) evaluate the progress made toward school goals to raise the academic achievement of all students
• Carry out all other duties assigned to the SSC by the district governing board and by state law
Members MUST be able to attend monthly meetings held the first Wednesday of each month. Meetings are at 3pm in the Olympian High School College Center (main office).
Elections will be held during Open House on August 8, 2019. If elected you will serve from August 2019-July 2021.