Fiscal Responsibility Survey
We believe that it is time for Montpelier to establish a universal checklist to prove that decision-makers from ALL parties are honoring their fiduciary duty to those providing the cash.
Some proposed questions for such a checklist:
• Who will be most impacted by the cost of this legislation?
• What data exists to show that the benefits outweigh the costs?
• How much will this measure cost those who will be paying for it, and is it a cost they can afford?
• How does this stack with the money Vermonters are already paying, and how does it fit in with other proposed spending measures being considered?
• Does solid data and a detailed plan exist so that Vermonters can be confident that the money will achieve its goal?
• What metrics will be used to show the return on our investment?
• Who is responsible for ensuring efficacy if this legislation is approved and how will they be held accountable?
Answering a list of questions such as these should be a requirement of any Senate or House committee seeking to pass any legislation that will have an impact on Vermonters’ bank accounts. Failure to do so should prevent it from being presented for a floor vote.
Do you agree? Let us know what you think!
SHOULD ANY HOUSE OR SENATE COMMITTEE CONSIDERING LEGISLATION THAT INVOLVES RAISING OR SPENDING TAX MONEY BE REQUIRED TO ANSWER A SPECIFIC SET OF FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY QUESTIONS BEFORE THE LEGISLATION CAN GO TO A VOTE?
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service