Lincoln County Public Hospital District No. 3 Board of Commissioner Application
The Lincoln Hospital Board of Commissioners is seeking applicants who are interested in an upcoming vacant position. This is an at-large position and the chosen applicant will be appointed through the next election cycle in November 2021. They will then need to run for re-election for a 6-year term. Applicants must reside in the Lincoln Hospital District #3 boundaries and be registered to vote.
For those wishing to be considered for the position, please visit
and fill out the online application. Completed applications are due to the Lincoln Hospital Board of Commissioners by Friday, January 3, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Qualifying candidates will be interviewed by Lincoln Hospital Board of Commissioners representatives during January 13-15 with a decision being finalized at the Board of Commissioners regularly scheduled meeting on February 20th.
In order to provide quality healthcare service to Lincoln County, the Lincoln County Public Hospital District No. 3 requires a working relationship between the Executive Team and a Board of Commissioners who are informed and make the necessary decisions. It is critical that each person elected or appointed to the Board of Commissioners be willing to perform the duties of a Commissioner.
The Board of Commissioners is composed of seven members who are elected by a vote of the public. The term of office is six years and a Commissioner may be appointed to an unexpired term by the Board of Commissioners. The appointed Commissioner would then seek re-election for the remaining term of the vacant Commissioner. There are no term limits. The Board will actively seek applicants to fill any vacancy that occurs.
Prospective Commissioners should be aware of the following criteria which will be used by the other Board members of Lincoln County Public Hospital District No. 3 in evaluating candidates for the vacant position.
A Commissioner must:
1. Commit the time that is necessary to carry out the duties of a Commissioner. This includes time to become and stay knowledgeable about public health issues, to attend Board meetings, and to carry out Board assignments.
2. Be genuinely interested in healthcare and understand the importance of healthcare facilities in serving the needs of the community.
3. Understand the local community, its social and cultural needs, and be willing to communicate those needs to the Board and the Executive Team.
4. Be able to work with others to reach a common goal.
5. Be open-minded, intellectually curious, and respectful of the opinions of others.
6. Have the courage to plan creatively and direct the effective implementation of those plans.
7. Be able to withstand pressures and prejudice that would restrict or prevent equal healthcare services to all.
WHAT COMMISSIONERS DO
• Set District policy
• Employ and evaluate the Superintendent
• Plan for the future
• Monitor the District’s operational effectiveness
• Be an advocate for the District
• Oversee quality and quality improvement activities
If a candidate has questions or requires additional information, please contact Tyson Lacy, Superintendent at 509-725-7101 or at
. Board meetings are held the third Thursday of every month at 1:00 P.M. at the Lincoln Hospital Board Room.
Applications can be submitted online or by obtaining a paper copy and submitting completed applications to: Board of Commissioners, c/o Tyson Lacy, Lincoln County Public Hospital District No. 3, 10 Nicholls St., Davenport, WA 99122
Education on the duties and responsibilities of a Washington State Public Hospital District Commissioner are available from the Association of Washington Public Hospital Districts here:
Telephone Number (Home):
Telephone Number (Cell):
How long have you been a resident of Lincoln County?
Have you done any volunteer work?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service