Before signing up please read carefully the classes description, so that you can choose the group that fits you better.We are trying to avoid auditions in order to save everybody from an early morning appointment on Saturday (some of the classes start late during the day). We ask you to sign up for the tracks that match your dancing experience, so that everybody in the group can be happy to learn in a positive and fun environment.In any case the teachers may ask any student to change group in order to get a better class balance.
- WORKSHOP TRACKS
- Lindy Hop A - beginners/improversYou have been dancing for one to two years,, you can combine steps in 8 and 6 counts, and you are excited about learning more! This could be your first workshop with international teachers or you have attended a couple of them before.
- Lindy Hop B - intermediate/advanced You have been dancing for two or three years, you attend classes and go out social dancing. You have good basics and you have started to work on your weak points instead of blaming your partner when something does not seem to work easily, and you know that nothing is as good as practicing on solid technique in order to enjoy the dance. You want to improve your musicality, footwork and connection to be able to shine on the dance floor.
- Lindy Hop C - advanced plusYou have been dancing for at least four years, you are dancing regularly, attending classes, workshops and parties. Dancing and travelling to attend international workshops is part of your life, you are known as a reference dancer and/or you teach in your Lindy Hop community. You know the structure of the music and are able to interpret it at any speed. You can learn at a good pace, you have a good body awareness and you love to work on the quality of movement. This group has limited spots available. Please send a list of the main workshops attended over the last two years in the registration form, including the level and whether you entered by audition. In case the spots fill up or in order to create groups balance, we may have to ask you to be moved to a different group.
- Lindy Hop K - competition and showThis is a special track for dancers interested in competitions and performances. Classes have a very fast pace, dancers are request to be able to learn steps and intricate rhythms quickly. Some flying could be involved in the process too!The attendees can take part in the Sunday night show with the routine taught during lessons.In this track there is no rotation of thte partners, it is possible to register as a couple only.This group has limited spots available. Please send a list of the main workshops attended over the last two years in the registration form, including the level and whether you entered by audition.
- AerialsThese classes are dedicated to acrobatic steps. They are for those who feel ready to fly under the expert guidance of some of the best aerials dancers in the world!In this track there is no rotation of the partners, it is possible to register as a couple only.
- Jazz Steps & Soft ShoeYou want to expand your repertoire and get a solid rhythmic foundation in your body movement.This track is open to both beginners who are eager to learn new steps and experienced dancers who already have a good vocabulary and are ready to use it with the rhythmic awareness coming from the Soft Shoe (one of the Tap styles that the old timers could perform with or without Tap shoes).These classes are a special opportunity to learn from an amazing artist who has the rare trait of being great at both Tap and Jazz dance.The attendees can take part in the Sunday night show with the routine learnt during lessons.
Tap 1- openThis class is for dancers with some Tap experience (six months-one year) and is eager to learn form a great international teacher, and also to newbies who haven't bought Tap shoes yet but are ready to b e challenged by rhythms and musicality of movement.
Tip Tap 2 -special This class is for dancers with at least one-two years of regular Tap classes and practice in their feet.The attendees can take part in the Sunday night show with the routine learnt during the lesson.
The Tap 1, Tap 2 and Jazz Steps & Soft Shoe can be combined in order to have an extraordinary eperience on rhythm and musicality with Josette!
- WORKSHOP SCHEDULE Saturday - h 10,00-20,00Sunday - h 10,00-19,30(A detailed schedule will be online before the beginning of the festival)