2017 Jones County Heritage Festival Cornmeal Cooking Competition
Official Contest Rules
A limited number of entries will be accepted.
Entry Deadline: September 12, 2017
1. Entry forms must be submitted. Submission may be by mail or delivered to the Jones County Cooperative Extension Office at 367-A Highway 58 South Trenton, NC 28585
2. Members of the Heritage Festival Committee, the contest judges, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws”, or by current or past marriage(s), remarriages(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
3. Each cook/team must provide one 10” or 12” cast iron skillet (frying pan) of cornbread.
4. Cornbread entries may be entered in any form as long as it is cooked in a cast iron skillet/cast iron frying pan.
5. Contestants are responsible for providing their own supplies, ingredients, and an index card with the complete recipe of the product.
6. All food prepared for judging becomes the property of the Jones County Heritage Festival. Owners of the cast iron skillet (frying pan) must be picked up following announcement of winners.
1. Each entry will be judged on a 10-point scale for the categories of taste, texture, appearance and overall quality.
2. A festival representative will gather a sample of food for the blind tasting.
3. Each contestant will have a special tag displaying his/her team number that the judges use to identify the food.
4. In the event of a tie, the team with the most points in the taste category breaks the tie.
1. Results will be announced at the Jones County Civic Center on Saturday, September 16, 2017
2. Printed results will be available upon request.
3. The following awards will be presented:
• 1st Place
• 2nd Place
• 3rd Place
Judging begins at 2 pm - Entries must be at the Civic Center no later than 1:30 pm on September 16
Awards Announced at 3:30 pm
Enter online at
or by calling 252-448-9621 to request an entry form.
The Jones County Heritage Festival Selection Committee reserves the right to accept or deny any or all applications.
Phone Number (primary)
Phone Number (secondary)
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Jones County Government.