50th Ward Request For Help
This form is for West Ridge neighbors who need assistance or resources as a result of the impact of COVID-19.
*******WE ARE PHASING OUT OF USING THIS FORM. IF YOU ARE ABLE TO CALL 773-888-0469 BETWEEN 5-7 AND LEAVE A MESSAGE, THAT IS THE FASTEST WAY TO CONNECT WITH US. WE WILL CONTINUE TO PERIODICALLY CHECK THIS FORM. THANK YOU!**********
We are a group of neighbors supporting our neighbors with:
- Supplies if there are shortages (i.e., medicine, cleaning products, etc).
- Food/groceries pick up or delivery
- Information about financial assistance
- Mental health care
- Dealing with isolation: Check-ins (possibly remotely)
- Connecting to resources
If you are requesting financial support, please use the following links for more information:
1. If you are a restaurant worker out of a job, check out One Fair Wage Campaign for support.
2. If you are looking for food for you or your family, the following resources are available:
Find a food pantry near you to pick up groceries for free on the Greater Chicago Food Depository website.
While schools are closed, CPS schools are offering free meals to students under 18 at any school site. Families can take food for up to three days worth of meals per child from 9AM-1PM outside of CPS Schools. Any questions, you may call 773-553-kids or e-mail
Supplemental Assistance for Needy Families (SNAP): An emergency coronavirus bill, will suspend the work and work training requirements for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) during the coronavirus pandemic, according to the New York Times. Stay tuned for updates. Meanwhile, you can apply here for SNAP assistance.
3. If you are at risk of homelessness, the Emergency Rental Assistance Program provides financial assistance to Chicago residents, directly related to the prevention of homelessness, to eligible individuals and families who are in danger of eviction in order to stabilize individuals and families in their existing rental unit.
How many people in your home?
Do you have any particular needs or Coronavirus risk factors that this network could help address?
What kind of support do you need?
Resources: food/water/medicine/cleaning supplies/etc.
Mental health support
Someone to talk to
Do you have any skills or resources you could offer this network?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of HalleFor50.