What are they?
The Initial Teacher Training (ITT) route is a distinct schools-led, school-based training route, which will support higher education graduates in becoming a certified teacher. It is full-time, lasts 10-months and starts in August 2016. With this route whole class teaching responsibilities are assumed over time within a GEMS school.
The Apprenticeship Teacher Training (ATT)* route is the first of its kind in the UAE supporting aspiring teachers or existing GEMS teachers and Teaching Assistants (TAs) / Learning Support Assistants (LSAs). The ATT is a schools-led, school-based, full-time, teacher training route, of 10-months duration beginning in August 2016. From the start, whilst supported by the school, you may assume whole-class responsibilities.
* This route is conditional on being offered a salaried training position in a GEMS school.
Why choose a Schools-led teacher training route?
• From Day 1, benefit from working and learning every day in a school
• Get an immediate insight into what teaching involves
• Provided with exceptional in-school professional learning and development opportunities
• Be supported by a network of highly experienced practicing teachers and mentors supported by TELLAL teacher trainers who will help you link theory with practice
• Potential specialist teaching routes available (e.g. Primary, Secondary, Arabic, Early Childhood Education, Special Education Needs)
• TELLAL Certificate* in Teaching Practice
*Endorsed by KHDA providing quality assurance requirements are met successfully