WHDC / Columbia University In-kind Space Applications for the Spring Semester (January - June 2020)
Provide the email address for the primary contact person for this request.
West Harlem Development Corporation administers In-Kind benefit space requests at Columbia University - Government & Community Affairs (CU-GCA) offered to the community through the Community Benefits Agreement.
Criteria for consideration:
1) Be a nonprofit organization in West Harlem - MCD9; or
2) Be a non-charter public school in West Harlem - MCD9
Please know that your non-charter public school or nonprofit organization must be physically within the West Harlem - MCD9 catchment area (
Manhattan Community District 9 is bounded (south to north) by 110th and 155th Streets and (east to west) by Manhattan, Morningside, St. Nicholas, Bradhurst, and Edgecombe Avenues to the Hudson River.
In-Kind Benefit Request Review Process:
1. WHDC will review your request within one week of the application deadline.
2. After WHDC review, you will be notified if your request has been declined or qualifies for preliminary approval.
3. Upon preliminary approval, WHDC will inform and seek final approval from Columbia University - Government & Community Affairs (CU-GCA).
4. Requests will be reviewed by CU-GCA in an effort to confirm a requested venue/date/time.
5. CU-GCA will contact your organization directly to finalize all logistical arrangements.
Note: Any venue/date/time changes in your requests after the application submission date decrease the likelihood of securing event space. Any changes after having been notified of a preliminary approval, should be communicated to WHDC first. Change requests that are made directly to CU-GCA are reported to WHDC, and any such requests may result in future in-kind requests being denied by WHDC.
Submission Deadline: Monday, December 2, 2019 5:00 pm EST
This request form is for event space between January and June 2020.
WHDC notification of space request approval: By December 20, 2019.
Confirmation of Space by Columbia University Government and Community Affairs: TBA
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of West Harlem Development Corporation.