Floral Arts Competition
2020 Theme: Hometown Hero (A Rose of New England)
Design an arrangement inspired by a person or group that you consider a Rose of New England.
Competition Date: Saturday, June 27, 2020
Sign-up deadline: Saturday, June 20, 2020
Time: Drop-off - 10:00 am
Judging - 12:30 pm
Awards - 1:00 pm
Pick-Up - 6:00 pm
Location: Rose Arts Festival, Competition Tent, Chelsea Parade Park, Norwich, CT 06360
Cash Prizes! Open to all ages!
Each floral arrangement will be judged on the following, out of 100 possible points:
1-25 Points: Design - balance, contrast, proportion
1-25 Points: Composition - color, harmony, conformance to composition rules
1-25 Points: Creativity - use of materials, container
1-25 Points: Condition of flowers and material
Commemorative vases and the following cash amounts will be awarded to winners:
1st Place - $125
2nd Place - $75
3rd Place - $50
Rules and Regulations:
1. Only non-professional floral arrangers may enter the competition.
2. The design should be made to fit on a table as a centerpiece.
3. Materials used must be natural flower related, i.e. dried flowers, naturally dried weeds, and seeds, etc. No artificial (fake) elements allowed.
4. At least one (1) rose must be incorporated into the arrangement.
5. Submit an index card with your entry listing the name of arrangement and the list of floral materials used on the front and entrant’s name and contact information on the back.
6. Arrangements not picked up by 6:00 p.m. on the date of entry become the property of the Rose Arts Committee.
7. Entries are limited to one (1) arrangement per entrant.
8. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in disqualification.
I acknowledge that I have read and will adhere to the rules and regulations of this competition.
Yes, I have read and will adhere to the rules and regulations of this competition.
No, I am disqualified.
Entry Title/Name and Short Description:
Youth Entries Only: Age, Parent/Guardian Name, Parent /Guardian Phone Number.
Thank you for your entry!
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service