GENERAL GUIDELINES:*All requests MUST be submitted by August 15th in order to ensure transportation on the first day of school. All other requests must allow two weeks from the beginning of school or two weeks after the request is submitted, whichever is greater.
* Free transportation is provided to students who live two or more miles from their boundary school. In very limited circumstances, transportation may be able to be accommodated for students residing less than two miles from school.
* Open enrolled, tuition, or other non-resident students may ride the bus provided that they board at an established stop that is two or more miles away from the school of attendance.
* Students are only allowed to ride their assigned bus route. For safety purposes, bus drivers will not discharge students anywhere other than the student’s assigned bus stop unless written authorization is provided from school authorities (any temporary stop must be on the same route and must be an existing stop).
* No more than two stops may be scheduled for pickup or drop off. The daily stops MUST be the same from week to week. For safety purposes, no alternating week stops will be accommodated.
* Routes are developed so that in most cases student travel time will not be longer than 75 minutes. Buses generally do not arrive at school more than 30 minutes before school starts.
* Special education and special education early childhood transportation that is part of an Individualized Education Plan is set up through the Special Education Office. Do not use this form, please contact your child's IEP manager.
*Do not submit address changes on this form. All address changes must go through the registrar’s office or your child’s school.
*Please note that completing this Request for Transportation does not guarantee transportation. If we are unable to accommodate your request, you will receive a phone call from the preschool administrative assistant, or a Go Riteway Representative.