Become a Big Sister Through the Women's Law Association 1L Mentoring Program!
Do you remember how you felt before coming to HLS?
Did you feel nervous? Anxious? Excited? All three? Help alleviate some of that stress and make an incoming 1L’s experience a little more manageable by becoming her Big Sister!
We are looking for a diverse group of women to serve as Big Sisters. As a Big Sister, you will be supported throughout the year by the WLA's Mentorship Committee. In addition to supporting your own self-directed mentoring, we will check in with you at particularly stressful times in the 1L calendar and suggest that you send an encouraging email to your Little Sister. We aim to help you develop a mentoring relationship, without taxing your already full plate.
Why would I want to be a Big Sister?
- To help make another woman’s transition to HLS a little easier
- To meet someone new and possibly become her first friend at HLS
- To have fun with other women at HLS!
What will I do as a Big Sister?
- Contact your Little Sister in August, either by email or phone, to answer her questions and tell her about your experiences or share your thoughts about HLS
- Attend a fall Big Sis/Lil Sis Kick Off party to meet your Little Sister in person
- Check in on your Little Sister periodically over the course of the year to see how she is doing, offer additional advice, wish her luck on finals, etc.
Please email HLS.WLA.Mentoring@gmail.com with any questions! Thank you!!