Our official Google Group where announcements and statistics are posted
Verbalum is a test designed for the measurement of a wide intelligence scale using verbal analogies.
This campaign is still under preparation and needs the test to be fairly normed before major use.
Verbalum Online is a test edition aiming to work as a contest test for the purpose of the Opal Quest Group.
How to contribute and participate:
If you are interested in helping on the construction of this test send your answers and the following information via email to
This way you will further help the norming of the test.
We will accept one submission per each email address and send back to it the score report.
Taking and scoring of the test are free.
To examine your submission, following data are also requested
Age, Gender and optionally other tests or evaluation processes of any kind completed - their names and according scores
You are welcome to share this test and furthermore make people know it.
You can send your questions or comments at the email address stated above or submit your request for participation on the design of future tests
Thank you for your interest
Enter your email address below in order to start your answers submission and to receive a copy of your answers
(Optional) We would like to request the following information: age, gender, other tests and evaluations of any kind completed and according scores to them.
Welcome on board, your adventurous experience has just began!
This test is untimed
Reference aids are allowed
Each correct answer gives 1 point to the candidate
The maximum possible score is 27
Verbalum (Online version)
This test focuses on logical and sequential reasoning and also on elementary combinations or verbal associations.
Furthermore two examples follow:
GROUND, WATER : (IS OR RELATES TO) PLANT :: (CONJUNCTION OR THE SAME WAY AS) GRASS SEED : ? (The best answer is GROW)
INFANT : CHILD :: ADOLESCENT :: ? (The best answer is ADULT)
Complete the following analogies using the schema stated above
1. ENGLISH MEAL : POTATO, FISH :: FRENCH FRIES : ?
2. P : Q :: HIGHEST : ?
3. WATER "MICROPLANTS" THEN FISH THEN BIRDS : MEN :: ALL OF THE PREVIOUS THEN : ?
4. VENOM : OCTOPUS :: BATMAN : ?
5. TEST : AUTHOR :: CAR : ?
6. SWORD : GUN :: WAVE : ?
7. SWORD : GUN :: SHARPEN : ?
8. PROGRAMMING : ALGORITHM :: BIOLOGICAL LIFE : ?
9. VIRTUAL REALITY : REALITY :: LED : ?
10. MOONLIGHT : SONATA :: AIN'T NO SUNSHINE WHEN SHE : ?
11. SNAKE : SOLID :: BUTTERFLY : ?
12. ATOMS, MOLECULES, PHYSICS : CHEMISTRY :: STATISTICS, WAR, PLAGUE : ?
13. URANIUM : CONFUSION :: H : ?
14. ANT SOCIETY : Q :: MILKY WAY : ?
15. SUPER MARIO : WARIO :: INITIAL HERO : ?
16. PHRASE : SMOKE SIGNALS :: TRANSLATE : ?
17. FIELD : MATRIX :: PLAIN : ?
18. HARMONIC SYSTEM : HARM :: CHAOS : ?
19. ENCYCLOPEDIA : PROGRAMMING :: WIKI : ?
20. SUFFER : OHM :: ! : ?
21. HIDDEN : TREASURED :: OPEN : ?
22. THAT : THEN :: THIS : ?
23. O : I :: LIGHTNING : ?
24. ESCAPE : JAIL :: ACTION : ?
25. CHECK : MATE :: SEND : ?
26. BEES : BARBER :: WOLVES : ?
27. ABRAM : ISAAC :: DAVID : ?
It ends here
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service