Welcome to the Partnering program for middle schools. Please fill out this form to schedule your Live Music in the Schools Performance. Be sure to add contingency dates so we may better accommodate everyone's schedule. Each school gets a choice to schedule a workshop and performance (2 days), or a performance and Q&A session (1 day). Each school gets one performance per school year but due to funding, dates are limited. Once our funding runs out, that's it for the school year so be sure to sign up soon!
Once your performance is scheduled, we will contact you prior to the performance, to confirm and/or schedule your workshop. We have reserved 3 workshops per school for grades 6-8 in music or social studies class. Scheduling these workshops back-to-back is strongly advised as these teachers have lives and schedules as well.
* Workshops - Mon - Wed the week of the performance
* Performance - TMP will come in on Fridays at either 9:15 am or 1:15 pm (or a mutually agreed upon time that is agreed to prior to the week of the performance).
* Performance with Q&A session - Geared for students enrolled in band, orchestra, choir, etc. who have an interest in playing music professionally or as an avocation. The band will play for them and answer any questions they may have during that 45 minute session. This may be done in a band hall, or orchestra room, where there is space for the band and audience.
Musicians will start arriving about one hour before the performance to set up and will need approx. 30-45 minutes to completely tear down and load out.
The workshop and performance run 45 minutes each, during school hours
Attendance for the workshop and performance is open to all students 6th grade and up (space permitted), which will take place in an auditorium or multi-purpose room.
Attendance for the performance and Q&A session is open to all band, orchestra, and choir students, or any students interested in pursuing music as a career or avocation.
Go to https://texasmusicpartners.org/products/live-music-in-the-schools/
to find out more information on this program.
If you have any difficulties, please mention them in the questions and comments section and contact Kenny Felton at firstname.lastname@example.org
so we can work it out.
Texas Music Partners will provide
* A presentation laptop and resources for the workshop.
* All equipment for the performance.
The school agrees to provide
* A monitor/projector for workshop and performance
* Adequate space
* Assigned teachers/monitors during our visits, on the school’s property, to enable TMP to present these presentations and perform for your students more effectively, without disruption.