MacDowell Music Club - 2019-2020 Achievement Scholarship Application
AUDITIONS WILL BE HELD SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2019 BEGINNING AT 1PM AT THE WISCONSIN SCHOOL FOR THE BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED LOCATED AT 1700 W. STATE ST., JANESVILLE,WI 53546.
APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED OF THEIR AUDITION TIMES NO LATER THAN JANUARY 27, 2019.
ONLY AN ELECTRONIC VERSION OF THE APPLICATION FORM WILL BE ACCEPTED!
1. Applicants must be in grades 6-12.
2. Student must meet at least one of the following criteria:
a) Reside at a Rock County address, or
b) Be a student of a MacDowell Club member
3. Applicants may audition in only one category per year.
Last year’s winners will not be eligible to audition in the same instrument this year.
4. Scholarship winners are REQUIRED to perform their audition piece on
Sunday, FEBRUARY 23, 2020, at the Woman's Club, located at 108 S. Jackson St, Janesville 53548. WE WILL NOT PREAPPROVE ANY EXCEPTIONS FOR THIS REQUIREMENT.
5. Monies awarded shall be used for summer music clinics or private lessons. Checks are sent at a later date and issued to the appropriate clinic or teacher.
1. A list of the student's musical background, including any honors you may have won, other instruments you play, musical groups you are a member of, future musical plans, etc. Please submit this list at the end of this application in the space provided.
2. A completed application form
ALL MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN MONDAY, JANUARY 20, 2020.
Repertoire should be chosen from one of the following:
a) Federation Festival "Solo" list, level "Medium" or higher.
b) Current year’s (September 2019) WSMA list, any class.
c) Strings only: any of the above plus Suzuki Book 2 or higher, except #4 Long, Long Ago.
d) Performance may not exceed 6 minutes.
e) Judge’s copy of the music must be provided. Photocopying of music is illegal and not permitted.
If accompaniment is required:
Live or pre-recorded accompaniment and equipment is allowed. Students must supply their own equipment.
If the student has previously won a MacDowell award, indicate the years and the categories (voice, piano, etc.):
Example: 2010 - Voice
I. Teacher/Scholarship Information
Teacher's Name (school or private teacher)
Name of clinic or teacher you are applying for
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service