- Submit your application by Friday, October 5th, 5 PM. Applications are time-stamped upon submission.
- Fill out ALL fields below
- You will also need to download and submit a BUDGET SHEET by Friday, October by 5 PM. Please download and fill out the link provided here:
- Please e-mail this Budget Sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to submit a budget sheet by this deadline will disqualify your application
How to Apply
Student Organization / Campus Department Representative,This year, the Associated Students Program Board (ASPB) will award $10,000 for Fall quarter in programming co-sponsorship to a variety of student organizations and campus departments at the University of California, Riverside. This co-sponsorship will help fund programs that contribute to the vibrancy and diversity of the UC Riverside campus community.
If you are interested in applying for an ASPB co-sponsorship, begin by completing the online application. You will also need to read the guidelines sheet. Please review this to ensure you are in compliance with all the co-sponsorship guidelines. You will then find an information sheet and a budget sheet. The information sheet will request basic information about your event. The budget sheet will require you to come up with a working budget for your program. Please make sure that the numbers you present in your budget sheet are accurate, as ASPB will refer to this when deciding the exact fund allocation. Keep in mind that the more information you present on the application, the easier it will be for ASPB to get a clear picture of your event. After you submit your application, ASPB will notify you via email to confirm that the application was received.
After ASPB confirms that your application has been received, you will be asked to present your event proposal to the ASPB board. This is a chance for you to give an overview of your event to the board and for the board to clarify any questions they may have. You will receive an email with instructions on how to sign up for a date and time for you to come in and present. You must send a representative for your organization to give the presentation. If you are unable to present to the board, ASPB will have to deny your application for co-sponsorship. The presentation should be no more than 5 minutes. It should cover the following areas:
- An overview of your event (date, time location, etc.) and how it will benefit the UCR campus community.- An overview of the budget. Please propose the co-sponsorship amount you are asking for and how that money will be used. Be as specific as possible.- An overview of the marketing. As co-sponsors your event, we ask that you place our logo on all the marketing pieces of your event.
The ASPB Board will review each organization’s application and presentation. The Board then votes on each event proposal to determine exact fund allocations. Not all event proposals will receive co-sponsorship awards. You will be notified by email regarding your co-sponsorship status. If your organization receives a co-sponsorship award, a representative from your organization must meet with ASPB Chair/Advisor to discuss the fund allocation. Even if your organization does not receive a co-sponsorship award, ASPB will be more than happy to lend our programming advice if needed.
Below are the ASPB Co-Sponsorship Guidelines that each group must follow if they are awarded a Co-Sponsorship:
- Only UC Riverside Student Organizations and Departments are eligible for Co-Sponsorship Opportunities (i.e. no senior thesis projects, individual proposals, etc. are eligible).- Student Organizations and Departments must fill out the ASPB Co-Sponsorship Interest Form and turn it in before the appropriate deadlines.- Organization must complete the entire written application, which includes the information sheet and the budget sheet.- Event must be open and marketed to all UC Riverside students.- ASPB will not be responsible for designing marketing, however, ASPB may grant funding for marketing.- The ASPB logo and/or name must appear as a co-sponsor on all marketing materials promoting the event.- All marketing will include a disclaimer stating: “ASPB Co-Sponsorship of this event does not constitute an endorsement of the views and opinions expressed.”- Organization must send a representative to present the event proposal to the board at an assigned date and time.- After a co-sponsorship has been awarded, the organization must meet with the ASPB Chair/advisors to discuss the event and the funding for it. Failure to do so will result in - -- ASPB retracting the funds that were awarded.- Events will be evaluated for a Co-Sponsorship based on the organization’s objectives to provide quality programming for undergraduate students’ enrichment.- The ASPB Board will review each organizations paper application and presentation as a whole. The board will then vote on each event to determine the exact fund allocations. Not all event proposals will receive a co-sponsorship award.- An ASPB representative(s) will attend the co-sponsorship event.
If you would like more info on ASPB Co-Sponsorship. Please email email@example.com