California Current Harmful Algal Bloom (HAB) Forecasting System SURVEY
Please provide feedback on our prototype HAB forecasting system hosted at CeNCOOS/MBARI. We are issuing nowcasts of probabilities of <i>Pseudo-nitzschia</i> blooms and domoic acid events at
. Forecasts (1-3 days) are displayed at
. The results of this survey will help guide how best to display these predictions and what ancillary information to include. Our goal is to maximize benefits to the science, management, and aquaculture communities.
1. Are the nowcasts of blooms and toxin probabilities useful?
2. Are the forecasts of blooms and toxin probabilities useful?
3. Is it helpful to know the modeled likelihood of high Pseudo-nitzschia spp. abundance?
4. Is it helpful to know the modeled likelihood of high toxin (domoic acid) concentrations?
5. Is it helpful to know the modeled likelihood of high CELLULAR toxin (domoic acid) concentrations?
6. Is it helpful to visualize offshore HAB probabilities from available models?
7. Do you frequently consult these HAB nowcasts and/or forecasts to make decisions?
8. Is the method of displaying probabilities clear?
9. Is it helpful to view time series of HAB probabilities ("virtual moorings") for specific locations?
Please enter one response per row
Please provide specific feedback on the utility of the predictions and where you see a need for improvement.
This is a required question
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service