Parent Opt Out: Live Interactions
ONLY COMPLETE THIS FORM IF YOU WANT TO OPT YOUR STUDENT(s) OUT OF LIVE INTERACTIONS WITH PfISD TEACHERS AND STAFF.
Dear Parents and Guardians:
Teachers and staff have the opportunity to use Zoom as way to connect with your student to provide instruction and support. Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, collaboration, chat, and webinars across mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems.
Before we begin educating with Zoom, we want to share some guidelines with you as well as provide you with the opportunity to opt your student out of live interactions.
All meetings will be conducted under the established district guidelines which state:
1. Students under the age of 18 should not go to
to create an account because minors are not permitted to create an account per Zoom’s Terms of Service.
2. Teachers must establish live meeting norms and behavior expectations with participants at the beginning of the meeting.
3. Parents/Guardians and Principals and/or Assistant Principals must be invited to every live meeting.
4. Participants are required to sign in to attend meetings. Requiring this ensures that each meeting participant is monitored and identified.
5. Live meetings must happen during the scheduled instructional framework times and be instruction specific.
6. Live meetings must be recorded and saved, no exceptions.
7. Private chat option must be disabled.
8. Screen Sharing must be disabled.
10. After the meeting starts, the meeting should be locked. When you lock the meeting, no new participants can join, even if they have the meeting ID and password.
11. Expel a participant to remove anyone who is not supposed to be in the meeting or not abiding by established live meeting norms.
12. Live interactions will be actively monitored and video will be disabled to block unwanted, distracting or inappropriate gestures on video.
13. Live interactions will be actively monitored and participants muted or the mute all option will be used to block unwanted, distracting or inappropriate noise from the meeting.
14. Teachers may use live interactions to provide small group instruction. Because of this, it will be impossible to protect students' participation in special programming. For example, a parent may sign into a live intervention class and witness other students receiving intervention services. This is equivalent to a parent requesting to observe a classroom in real-time.
15. The Student Code of Conduct applies to all live interactions. Therefore, inappropriate behavior or viewing of inappropriate content while using live meetings will be reported to an Administrator immediately.
16. Staff that witness any student being placed in a situation of danger, abuse, and/or neglect during a live meeting will follow Child Abuse and Neglect reporting policies.
17. PfISD Acceptable Use Policies will be followed at all times.
If you have concerns or questions about this opt-out form, please contact your campus administrator prior to submitting the form.
If you have more than one student, please complete a form per student.
Name of Parent Opting Out
Student First Name
Student Last Name
Hendrickson High School
Kelly Lane Middle School
Park Crest Middle School
Dessau Middle School
Rowe Lane ES
Highland Park ES
I agree that by submitting this form, I am opting my student out of live educational interactions with PfISD teachers and staff.
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Pflugerville ISD.