This form must be submitted to the Science Academic Advising Office no later than two weeks after the first day of classes in the Fall and Winter terms, and 7 days after the start of classes in the Spring/Summer term. You will be sent a notification of the results to your UOITnet email.
*Late applications will not be approved. Failure to submit this request by the deadline will void the request, and you will be responsible for completing the laboratory in the repeated course.
Standard processing time:
Processing can take up to one week. During peak times, processing time may be longer.
Terms and conditions:
1) You must have completed all of the laboratory work and obtained a passing grade to be considered for a laboratory carry-forward.
2) A laboratory carry-forward will only be considered once and for a first year course which you are repeating. A laboratory carry-forward will not be considered for upper year courses; courses with a laboratory component worth more than 25% of the final grade, or in cases where you dropped/withdrew from the course. CHEM 2020U and CHEM 2120U will also be considered for a laboratory carry-forward when you have a grade of at least 65% or higher in the laboratory.
3) The laboratory carry-forward must be used for the next available offering of the course. If the next offering is in the spring/summer term, you may choose to use the laboratory carry-forward for the spring/summer or the following fall/winter. Laboratory grades will be held for no longer than one year from the original offering of the course.
4) The course instructor will set the course grading scheme for the next available offering of the course. This may be different from the scheme used when the course was originally taken. It is your responsibility to obtain information on the new grading scheme and how the laboratory carry-forward will be applied.
5) By submitting this form, you indicate that you have made the decision to carry-forward the laboratorygrade. Once this decision has been made, and the request has been approved, you will not bepermitted to audit or attend the laboratory for credit. You should check Blackboard to determine yourlab grade prior to submitting this application.
6) By completing this application, you acknowledge that the laboratory carry-forward cannot be used as grounds for appeal of a poor final grade in the repeated course.
Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the University of Ontario Institute of Technology Act, SO 2002, c. 8, Sch. O. and will be collected, protected, used, disclosed and retained in compliance with Ontario’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act R.S.O. 1990, c. F.31. This information will be used for education, administrative and statistical purposes and to administer registration within the University. Questions regarding the collection of your personal information may be directed to UOIT Access and Privacy Office, 2000 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa, ON L1H 7K4, 905.721.8668, ext. 6705, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.