Expression of Intent to Join a Collective Legal Challenge to the 2019 Mill & Overlay Fee / Assessment
This form allows you to express your initial interest in joining our group appeal against the charges to your property related to the City of St. Paul's 2019 Mill & Overlay projects and other charges levied on your property under the City of St. Paul's Street Maintenance and Service Program (SMSP).
As per the terms listed below, you can withdraw from the group until you complete a formal retainer agreement and make your contribution to the collective appeal fund.
If you have any questions about this form, please email
or call us on (612) 351-2311.
Complete descriptions of all 2019 projects are listed on the City's website here:
Downtown (Lowertown) Paving & Sidewalk Improvement Project (Phase I)
Arlington Ave: East Shore Drive to White Bear Ave
Cleveland Avenue: Yorkshire Avenue to Mississippi River Boulevard
Pascal Street: University Avenue to St. Anthony Avenue (completed April 2019)
Prior Avenue: I-94 to Summit Avenue
St. Clair Avenue: Fairview Avenue to Snelling Avenue
Please provide the full street address of the assessed property. If you have a separate mailing address, please include this as well.
Have you already paid the City?
No - I did not pay the invoice / assessment.
Yes - I already paid my invoice / assessment
Terms of Participation
1. I own property subject to St. Paul SMSP fees and assessments. I do not believe that my property has increased in value because of this periodic street maintenance work. I object to having to pay the City’s SMSP fee/assessment.
2. I agree to contribute $250 (when billed) as my contribution to a non-refundable out-of-pocket cost war chest to challenge this and similar charges by the City. This “kitty” will help pay the out-of-pocket costs associated with drafting, service and filing fees, expert appraisal fees, and deposition fees and other discovery costs of our case and may be used for similar cases raising the same issues.
3. I agree to the deduction of a 1/3 contingent legal fee from any refund the group appeal is able to obtain for me. I agree that our counsel may attempt to recover from the city additional legal fees and expenses.
4. I understand that all correspondence with and from the group and its counsel will be by email using my email address listed below. I understand that I can withdraw from this agreement at any time.
5. I understand that this Agreement Page will be incorporated into a formal retainer agreement with the counsel selected by the group. If I am not in agreement with anything, I can withdraw at any time without cost, except waiver of my $250 cost contribution once paid.
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service