Island Encounters Statement of Faith
The rule of faith that guides Island Encounters is the biblical, historical and orthodox Christian faith. The articles, which are the basis of this Evangelical faith, are the following:
1. Each writer under the perfect inspiration of the Holy Spirit wrote the Bible, which consists
of 66 books of the New and Old Testaments. Thus in the original writings there is no error, and it contains all that God desires to reveal to human beings concerning salvation. The Bible is the single and absolute standard for faith and practice.
2. The living and true God is One, who is eternally existent in three persons - Father, Son and Holy Spirit. God the Father is holy, loving, personal and is known in and by His creation.
3. God created all things, visible and invisible from nothing, the same being subject to His absolute sovereignty.
4. God created Adam and Eve in His likeness in right relation with Himself. They were tempted by Satan and sinned against the will of God, thereby incurring both the pollution and punishment of sin with the result of both spiritual and physical death. All human beings are therefore born with a sinful nature being sinners in thought, word and deed.
5. The Lord Jesus Christ is true God and true man. He was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, died on the cross for the sins of the world, was buried, and was raised again on the third day according to the Scripture. He ascended to heaven and sits at the right hand of God where he executes his ministry as high priest for us.
6. Because of the substitutionary death of our Lord Jesus Christ, all who believe in Him are forgiven of their sins and justified by faith and redeemed from the penalty and dominion of sin. There is no other way to salvation.
7. The Holy Spirit is a person whose ministry is to convict and regenerate sinful human beings, making them children of God, empowering them for a life of holiness and service, and conforming them to the image of Christ.
8. The church universal is the body of Christ, and all who are born again by the Holy Spirit become members thereof, Christ being the head. The church on earth, in a manner befitting Christ its head, should maintain purity of faith and life; and according to His command, should preach the Gospel to every creature.
9. Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, is coming again personally, bodily and visibly. He will raise bodily the just and the unjust, one to everlasting blessedness and the other to everlasting punishment, after which He will renew all things and deliver the kingdom to God the Father.
The statement above represents the beliefs of Island Encounters and represents a theological orientation that provides for a variety of personal experiences within the historic Christian Protestant tradition. We respect differing opinions within the parameters of these beliefs.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service