You can join our emailing list and receive our free monthly newsletter by clicking here: http://donate.coredance.org/charities/3369-core-dance/subscribe
Please “like” our FB page: www.facebook.com/Coredance and share your photos and class information there. We frequently post about our renters and encourage you to post as well!
Also, find us at:www.vimeo.com/coredancewww.twitter.com/coredanceswww.facebook.com/coredancewww.instagram.com/coredance
We also offer a free lunchtime performance series called Lunchtime in the Studio four to five times a year. This is a great opportunity to promote your classes by offering a free class voucher for our drawing. You can also meet the dancers of Core Performance Company while enjoying a free lunch. Check our website for dates.
We are happy to include your class on our online class schedule. There is a bulletin board inside that you can post information about your rental event/class or arts based project. However, promotional material not directly related to the renter’s use of the studio is not allowed.
We offer free Wifi which you can access from your computer while you are in our space, codes and information is posted in the downstairs studio lobby.
Lastly, we have several street addresses at Core and a PO Box for mailing. Our studio door opening to the Downtown Decatur Square is 139 Sycamore St. Decatur, GA 30030 and our back studio door where our parking lot is located is 519 North McDonough Rd. Decatur, GA 30030. Our mailing address is PO Box 2045 Decatur, GA 30031.
Rose CaudleStudio Managerstudio@coredance.org
1. Core Studio Rental Rate is $35/hr.
2. Each tenant must pay a security deposit to receive a key to the studio and in order to be placed on the Core Studio Calendar. The deposit is equal to one month’s rent. The deposit is refundable, but Core may use the deposit for unpaid balances, which include but not limited to invoices and late or cleaning fees. The deposit must be made with cashier’s check, money order, or by pay pal. If you are expecting a deposit reimbursement Core only cuts checks on the 1st and 15th of every month.
3. You will be invoiced for rent on the fifteenth (15th) of the month for rental time for the following month. Invoices will be emailed on the 15th of the month, or the following business day, if the 15th falls on a weekend or holiday. It is the responsibility of the tenant to maintain a current email address with Core Dance to insure uninterrupted delivery of monthly invoices. Payments will be due on the 1st day of each month, and will be considered late after the 5th of the month. A late fee of $25.00 will be added to any invoice payment not received by the close of business on the 5th day of each month and the fee will be added to the following month's invoice. Payment of invoices may be made by check, money order, or by pay pal. (To pay via paypal visit www.paypal.com and make a payment to email@example.com. Pay as “Family and Friends” so the credit card fee is charged to you). It is the responsibility of the tenant to mail or hand deliver payment so it will be received by the 5th. If the tenant has not received an invoice by the 15th day of the month, it is the tenant’s responsibility to contact Core Dance about the balance owed. The balance owed will remain due on the 1st, and will be late after the 5th. Core Dance is not responsible for misdirected or undelivered mail, and will not waive late fees for such occurrences. If you dispute the balance owed, you must contact Core Dance immediately to resolve the dispute. Disputed amounts will remain due on the 1st and late after the 5th. If the balance due is proven to be in error in favor of the tenant, any overpayment will be credited to their account for the following month’s invoice. If the event happens within the same month of the contract start date the full amount must be paid up front with your deposit.
4. Invoices Past-Due more than 30 days will result in immediate removal of the tenant from the schedule. Any Tenant who has an invoice outstanding by more than 30 days will be required to remit the full payment due before being returned to the schedule. If a tenant has been removed for non-payment, their schedule times will become available for other tenants.
5. Returned checks will result in immediate removal from the class and rental schedule. Any payment returned to Core Dance by the bank on which it is drawn will result in a returned check fee of $50. Any Tenant who has had a check returned will be required to remit the full payment due plus the $50 fee before being returned to the schedule. The full payment plus the $50 fee must be paid by cashier’s check, money order, or by pay pal. If a tenant has been removed for a returned check, their schedule times will become available for other tenants. Any tenant who has had a check returned will be required to pay all future billings by cashier’s check, money order or by pay pal.
6. Loss of studio privileges. Any tenant who habitually fails to remit invoices in a timely fashion will be subject to the loss of studio renting privileges.
7. Studio Access/Keys. Tenant will be issued 1 (one) key to access the studio. Under no circumstances shall any duplicate keys be made. If it is found that tenant has had duplicate keys made, tenant will become subject to immediate removal and forfeiture of all deposit monies paid. If additional keys are needed by a tenant, approval of such request is solely at the discretion of Core, and additional deposits may be required. The tenant will be charged $150.00 for the loss of the studio key. Core also has a shared lockbox key that tenants may use. It is the left lower lockbox hanging by the back studio door. The code to the lockbox changes regularly and will be emailed to anyone interested in using the shared key only. The shared key must be returned to the lockbox immediately after entering the space as many renters use this same key to access the space. The $150 lost key fee will be charged to any renter who fails to return the shared key to the lockbox after their scheduled rental.
8. Tenants are responsible for renewing contracts once their rental term ends. Tenants advise of their schedule for renting the studio on the last page of this contract. If a tenant would like to keep that time beyond the end date specified it is their responsibility to contact the Studio Rental Manager in order to sign a new contract with extended dates.
9. Scheduling requests are processed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Due to increased activity in our studios, and a high volume of studio rentals, Core Studios will honor scheduling requests on a first-come, first-serve basis. Studio time will be considered “reserved” and will be recorded in the studio calendar ONLY after payment has been made in full (including the security deposit).
10. Changes or additions to any tenant’s established schedule requires written notice (email or written note). Email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Any requests for a schedule change will incur a $15.00 change fee per schedule change. This applies to changes of dates and times that have already been set onto the schedule. If you want to add studio time, and there is space available, these additions will not incur a change penalty but will incur a rental fee for time scheduled.
NOTE: Unused rental hours may be rescheduled within the same month for the change fee and only if space is available. This includes all rental hours unused due to local, state and federal holidays. If a cancelled or rescheduled rental date is scheduled outside of the month it was originally in then the change is considered a cancellation not a change. Details on cancellation terms are below #13.
NOTE: There may be occasions when Core Dance will need to ask a tenant to change studios. We will give you as much notice as possible if a move or a reschedule will occur. No Change Fee will be incurred.
11. Unauthorized use of studio. Tenant has use of the studio space (including lobby areas) for the exact time scheduled and paid for. Any use of the studio prior to, or following the scheduled time period without appropriate compensation to Core Dance is considered theft and can result in immediate removal of tenant and forfeiture of all deposit monies paid. If you need extra time to set up or conclude your class you will need to add this time to your usual schedule. Any tenant who may deny another tenant full use of their time due to failure to vacate studio promptly shall be considered in violation of rental agreement and is subject to immediate removal of tenant and forfeiture of all deposit monies paid.
12. Studio Temperature. Core Studio heating and cooling units are not commercial units and will overheat or freeze if used inappropriately. Core Dance has set the “Run Schedule” temperature to a reasonable temperature for the season. We ask that when you leave you reset the unit to “Run Schedule.” Do not turn the Fan setting to ON. Please leave the Fan set to Auto.
13. Cancellation of contracted use of studio prior to end of rental agreement in full or in part, tenant shall give 60 days’ written notice of intent to cancel use of studio. Email is acceptable, but requires confirmation by recipient to be considered as notice. If notice is given in less than 30 days then tenant will pay 25% of remaining rental and in both cases tenant will lose their deposit. Any cancelled dates within a recurring schedule must be rescheduled within the same month in order to not incur a change fee, otherwise it is considered a cancellation.
14. Return of Studio Key. Tenant must return keys no later than 7 days from the final paid use of the studio. It is the responsibility of the tenant to arrange a time to meet with the Studio Rental Manager to return the key. The tenant will be charged $150.00 for the loss or for unreturned studio keys.
15. Parking. The tenant is permitted to use the parking lot according to the parking times indicated in the Core Dance Parking Policy section of this contract. The studio is directly beside the Decatur Marta station.
CARE OF STUDIO
Studio rental includes, and is limited to, use of the studio and sound equipment located at 519 North McDonough Street (A.K.A.139 Sycamore St), Decatur, Georgia 30030.
• Tenant may neither assign nor sublease the studio without the prior written consent of Core Dance.• The entry and exit door to the studio building is the single glass door on North McDonough Street, regardless of which studio you will be using. The double glass doors leading to Sycamore Street and the MARTA station are for emergency exit only.• Do not prop parking lot door open with a brick, etc. This is a security violation and could result in losing your ability to rent the space. An alternative method for accessibility is available. Talk to the Studio Rental Manager. • Do not leave the parking lot entrance door unlocked during or after your scheduled time. • Parents and guardians who are waiting for a student enrolled at the studio must supervise any children in their care, and will be held responsible and charged for any damages that child/children inflict(s) upon the studio, equipment, property or surrounding areas.• Tenant will be responsible for the security and general cleanliness of the studio, property and surrounding areas; to care for the facility and equipment with due respect for its maintenance and preservation. We have installed whiteboards in both studios to ensure the space is left according to expectations. Please check off all items on the whiteboard when leaving the space.• Smoking is not allowed in the studio.• Food or beverage is not allowed in the studio. Water is the only exception.• Tenant will be charged for any damages that occur to the studio, equipment, property or surrounding areas in connection with tenant’s use or misuse of the studio, property or surrounding areas. The Production Coordinator walks the space daily to maintain the upkeep of the property. • Tenants who leave the space in disarray or not within the specifications of this agreement will be charged a $25 clean-up fee per violation.• Tenants who continue to abuse the space may have their tenancy terminated.• Turn off all lights when you leave except for the security lights that remain on 24 hours per day.• Core is not responsible for any personal items left in the studio. Please be sure all personal items are removed from the studio when you exit the space.• Please make sure that both the internal upstairs studio door and the parking lot entrance door are closed and locked before you leave.