Mui Wo to Chi Ma Wan (pier)
2021.27.03 (Sat) 11:45-3:00
URBAN ENTITY, PIER
Guests: Valerie Portefaix, Charlotte Lafont-Hugo
Can Hong Kong afford to lose the breath of a true island? ‘URBAN ENTITY, PIER’ is a reflective walk from Mui Wo to Chi Ma Wan on Lantau Island, using the formation of the ferry pier as reference point for becoming aware of Hong Kong insular culture, the pier typology and simply in enhancing perception of the environment and social activities around it.
The pier here is a social space, spontaneously appropriated by us and other beings. That be seaweed, mussels, ghost nets or other things foraged on the spot, all doing aesthetical interventions of different kinds.
Format: A gentle hike from Mui Wo to Chi Ma Wan (max 2,5hrs) and an installation at the pier. We will take the ferry from Central to Mui Wo at 10:30am (ordinary ferry) and start the walk at 11:45am from Mui Wo. We will aim to arrive at Chi Ma Wan no later than 3:00pm in order to rest at the pier, talk and experience the installation. There will be a 4:20pm ferry to Cheung Chau and 5:10pm ferry to Mui Wo (Inter Island Ferry) for participants to choose from.
Meeting point: Sat, March 27 at 11.45am at Mui Wo Ferry Pier on Lantau Island - precisely the seating area by the big tree next to McDonald’s. Turn left after getting out of the ferry terminal and walk one minute.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any burning questions.
Thank you for your interest in participating! Before signing up, please note the following:
1. To ensure the festival is available to as many people as possible, please only register for up to 3 workshops / activities per person;
2. Each workshop / activity might have special requirements depending on the host, please read through the details before signing up;
3. You may expect a confirmation email within 2 weeks after you have successfully registered. If you have not heard from us by then, please contact us on Facebook inbox message (https://www.facebook.com/interislandfestival/
4. Please arrive at the meeting spot 15 minutes prior to the start of the workshops / activities ;
5. As many activities will take place at the same time, please check the schedule to ensure you are available for the registered activities;
6. Donations are received during the activity and go directly to the host(s) of the activity;
7. In case of any disputes, the organiser reserves the rights for final decision;
8. We, the organiser, are only a small team of volunteers. Thank you in advance for your patience and being accommodating.
3. 我們在收到您的報名後，會在兩星期內以電郵形式確定您的報名，如兩星期後仍未收到通知，請主動透過Facebook inbox （https://www.facebook.com/interislandfestival/