2. Each renter must pay a security deposit of $200 to receive a key to the studio and in order to be placed on the Core Studio Calendar. The deposit is refundable, but Core Dance may use the deposit for unpaid balances, which include but not limited to invoices and late or cleaning fees. The deposit must be made with cashier’s check, money order, or by pay pal. If you are expecting a deposit reimbursement Core only cuts checks on the 1st and 15th of every month.
3. You will be invoiced for rent on the fifteenth (15th) of the month for rental time for the following month. Invoices will be emailed on the 15th of the month, or the following business day, if the 15th falls on a weekend or holiday. It is the responsibility of the renter to maintain a current email address with Core Dance to insure uninterrupted delivery of monthly invoices. Your payment will be due on the 1st day of the month, and will be considered late after the 5th of the month. A late fee of $25.00 will be assessed after the close of business on the 5th day of the month. Payment of invoices may be made by check, money order, or by pay pal. (To pay via paypal visit www.paypal.com and make a payment to email@example.com. Pay as “Family” so the credit card fee is charged to you). It is the responsibility of the renter to mail or hand deliver payment so it will be received by the 5th. If the renter has not received an invoice by the 15th day of the month, it is the renter’s responsibility to contact Core about the balance owed. The balance owed will remain due on the 1st, and will be late after the 5th. Core Dance is not responsible for misdirected or undelivered mail, and will not waive late fees for such occurrences. If you dispute the balance owed, you must contact Core Dance immediately to resolve the dispute. Disputed amounts will remain due on the 1st and late after the 5th. If the balance due is proven to be in error in favor of the renter, any overpayment will be returned by check. If the event happens within the same month of the contract start date the full amount must be paid up front with your deposit.
4. Invoices Past Due-Core Dance will make 1 attempt to contact a renter on an invoice that is more than 30 days past. Beyond that any past due payments will result in invoices sent to collections.
5. Loss of studio privileges. Any renter who habitually fails to remit invoices in a timely fashion will be subject to the loss of studio renting privileges.
6. Studio Access/Keys. Renter will be issued 1 (one) key to access the studio. Under no circumstances shall any duplicate keys be made. If it is found that renter has had duplicate keys made, renter will become subject to immediate removal and forfeiture of all deposit monies paid. If additional keys are needed by a renter, approval of such request is solely at the discretion of Core Dance, and additional deposits may be required. The renter will be charged $150.00 for the loss of the studio key. Most special event renters use our shared lockbox key to access the space. The lockbox is hanging by the back studio door and is the left lower lockbox. The code to the lockbox changes regularly. You must return the key to the lockbox immediately after entering the space as many other renters use this same key. The lost key fee still applies if the key is not returned after your studio rental.
7. Scheduling requests are processed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Due to increased activity in our studios, and a high volume of studio rentals, Core Studios will honor scheduling requests on a first-come, first-serve basis. Studio time will be considered “reserved” and will be recorded in the studio calendar ONLY after payment has been made in full (including the security deposit).
8. Changes or additions to any renter’s established schedule requires written notice (email or written note). Email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Any requests for a schedule change will incur a $15.00 change fee per schedule change. This applies to changes of dates and times that have already been set onto the schedule. If you want to add studio time, and there is space available, these additions will not incur a change penalty but will incur a rental fee for time scheduled. Any date change must be scheduled within the same month in order to be considered a change and not a cancellation.
9. Unauthorized use of studio. Renter has use of the studio space (including lobby areas) for the exact time scheduled and paid for. Any use of the studio prior to, or following the scheduled time period without appropriate compensation to Core Dance is considered theft and can result in immediate removal of renter and forfeiture of all deposit monies paid. If you need extra time to set up or conclude your class you will need to add this time to your usual schedule. Any renter who may deny another renter full use of their time due to failure to vacate studio promptly shall be considered in violation of rental agreement and is subject to immediate removal of renter and forfeiture of all deposit monies paid.
10. Studio Temperature. Core Studio heating and cooling units are not commercial units and will overheat or freeze if used inappropriately. Core Dance has set the “Run Schedule” temperature to a reasonable temperature for the season. We ask that when you leave you reset the unit to “Run Schedule.” Do not change the Fan setting to On, leave the Fan set to Auto.
11. Cancellation of contracted use of studio prior to end of rental agreement in full or in part, renter shall give 60 days’ written notice of intent to cancel use of studio. Email is acceptable, but requires confirmation by recipient to be considered as notice. If notice is given in less than 30 days then renter will pay 25% of remaining rental and in both cases renter will lose their deposit. Any cancelled dates within a recurring schedule must be rescheduled within the same month in order incur a change fee, otherwise it is considered a cancellation.
12. Return of Studio Key. Renter must return keys no later than 7 days from the final paid use of the studio. It is the responsibility of the renter to arrange a time to meet with the Studio Rental Manager to return the key. The deposit is forfeit without the return of keys.
13. Parking. Parking is limited for renters and is detailed in the Core Dance Parking Policy section of this contract. Core Studios is adjacent to the Decatur Marta Station.
CARE OF STUDIO
Studio rental includes, and is limited to, use of the studio and sound equipment located at 519 North McDonough Street (A.K.A.139 Sycamore St), Decatur, Georgia 30030.
-Renter may not assign nor sublease the studio without the prior written consent of Core Dance.-The entry and exit door to the studio building is the single glass door on North McDonough Street, regardless of which studio you will be using. The double glass doors leading to Sycamore Street and the MARTA station are for emergency exit only.-Do not prop parking lot door open with a brick, etc. This is a security violation and could result in losing your ability to rent the space. An alternative method for accessibility is available. Talk to the Studio Rental Manager.-Do not leave the parking lot entrance door unlocked during or after your scheduled time. -Parents and guardians who are waiting for a student enrolled at the studio must supervise any children in their care, and will be held responsible and charged for any damages that child/children inflict(s) upon the studio, equipment, property or surrounding areas.-Renter will be responsible for the security and general cleanliness of the studio, property and surrounding areas; to care for the facility and equipment with due respect for its maintenance and preservation.-Smoking is not allowed in the studio.-Food or beverage is not allowed in the studio without signing and paying the food and beverage fee attached. Water is the only exception.-Renter will be charged for any damages that occur to the studio, equipment, property or surrounding areas in connection with renter’s use or misuse of the studio, property or surrounding areas. The Production Coordinator walks the space daily to maintain the upkeep of the property.-Renters who leave the space in disarray or not within the specifications of this agreement will be charged a $25 clean-up fee per violation.-Renters who continue to abuse the space may have their tenancy terminated.-Turn off all lights when you leave except for the security lights that remain on 24 hours per day.-Core Dance has installed white boards in both studios to help renters close up after renting the space. Be sure to check through the checklist of items to ensure the space is left as found.-Core Dance is not responsible for any personal items left in the studio. Please be sure all personal items are removed from the studio when you exit the space.-Please make sure that both the internal upstairs studio door and the parking lot entrance door are closed and locked before you leave.