Dandelion Dance™ Arts Connection 2020 - Volunteer Application Form
At Dandelion Dance™, we offer life changing programs that support every girl to experience joy, connect with others, build community, discover her best self, and share her voice with the world!
COVID-19 has impacted everyone in our community in different ways - but the one thing we all have in common is our need to feel connected to others, and to know we are all in this together. Online programming helps, but it isn’t always the best solution for every girl. And many girls need extra support and encouragement from our organization before they are able to attend our after-school and weekend programs in person.
That’s why we are so excited to introduce the brand-new Dandelion Dance™ Arts Connection program! With the help of amazing volunteers (like you!), this program will enable us to reach girls TODAY who are experiencing barriers to accessing our core programs. Our mission is simple:
- Over a period of six weeks, provide every girl a weekly touchpoint with a safe, warm, friendly adult volunteer who will drop off an Imaginarium Kit filled with a fun activity and art supplies directly to her door.
- Enable every girl to go on her very own creative adventure every week through her Imaginarium Kit!
- Make sure every girl and her family has an opportunity to learn more about our core programs and the various supports that we offer to facilitate their participation, including bursaries and transportation support.
Face-to-face connection remains one of our most important values, and we need your help to make this vision a reality. We are looking for your help delivering the kits, connecting with our girls (while following all public health guidelines, of course) and helping them feel excited about the prospect of each week’s creative journey. With each kit that you deliver, girls will benefit from knowing that their community of support includes one more person - you! - along with our whole Dandelion Dance™ community!
As a volunteer, you will be expected to:
- Have an interest in forming a connection with our participants and helping them to feel excited about exploring each week’s kit;
- Be available to drop off a kit to each girl that you are assigned on the same day/time each week (for six weeks total);
- Complete an informal interview so that we can get to know you a bit;
- Complete a Level 3, Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check;
- Complete a reference check (two professional references);
- Attend and successfully participate in a training seminar provided by our team;
- Provide weekly reports about your interactions with girls and their families to the Project Coordinator;
- Follow specific COVID-19 protocols;
- Sign a COVID-19 Notice of Risk and Waiver;
- Work in a team setting.
Unit Number (if applicable)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Dandelion Dance.