To help ensure that volunteer fundraising events are enjoyable, successful, make best use of limited Mardi Bras resources, and are coordinated with our many other activities, we ask that you submit a proposal of the proposed event for approval by Mardi Bras.
Prior to completing the attached fundraising proposal, please review the following guidelines. Proposals may be returned to us by mail, email or fax. We will make every effort to respond to your proposal promptly. If you have any questions, feel free to call Mary Reinbold at (509)994-9580 or Jay Castro at (509)688-1117. We deeply appreciate the efforts of all of our volunteer fundraisers and thank you again for your interest!
Please return your completed proposal to Mardi Bras 3128 N Hemlock, Spokane, WA 99205, email to email@example.com or fax to (509)325-9877.
1. Please include the following disclaimer on all materials: The Mardi Bras name is used with its permission, which in no way constitutes an endorsement, express or implied, of any product, service, company, individual or political position.
2. Within 10 days after any promotional event, you will report the donations to Mardi Bras, and provide a date that donations will be dispersed. Donations must be dispersed no later than 60 days after the end of any promotional event.
3. For confidentiality reasons, Mardi Bras cannot release donor or volunteer lists to an individual, company, group or organization. In addition, Mardi Bras does not sell goods or services to our donors/volunteers from outside organizations.
4. Mardi Bras cannot be liable for any expenses incurred by an individual or any organization involved in fundraising on its behalf.
5. You shall indemnify, defend and hold Mardi Bras, Volunteers of America and Transitions, including their board of directors, officers, employees and volunteers, harmless from and against any and all suits, claims, demands, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating in any way to your business and the activities authorized hereunder.
6. Mardi Bras will not underwrite any fundraising activities.
7. Press releases, public service announcements, advertisements and printed materials (posters, brochures, flyers, tickets, invitations, etc.) are the responsibility of the individual/organization coordinating the fundraising activity. All publicity, printed or otherwise, must be approved by Mardi Bras prior to their production, distribution and/or release.
8. Transition’s fundraising policy prohibits the use of telephone solicitation for contributions from the general public.
9. Washington law requires special licensing to conduct a raffle. If you or your organization would like to conduct a raffle, individuals and/or organizations must obtain a raffle license from the State of Washington.
10. In accordance with IRS regulations, the individual or organization conducting the fundraiser is responsible for disclosing to donors the exact dollar amount or percentage of their gift which will benefit Mardi Bras.
11. You agree that any tax benefit accrues to the original donor (when applicable) and not you as a third-party conveyor of any donation.
12. It is reasonable and customary for donors to receive an acknowledgement for their donations, and you will either provide each donor written documentation acknowledging the contribution, or provide individual donor and donation information (including name, address and amount of contribution) to Mardi Bras when you disperse the donations, for the purpose of acknowledgement.
13. Volunteers associated with an outside supporter should avoid any conflict between their personal interest and the interest of Mardi Bras, Volunteer of America, or Transitions.
14. Insurance (if applicable) for any fundraising activity to benefit Mardi Bras is the responsibility of the organizing party and must be submitted with proposal for approval.
15. If alcohol will be served at your event we will not be able to provide a participant or alumna speaker.