Berkeley-Haas Case Series: New Case Application
Thank-you for your interest in the Berkeley-Haas Case Series (BHCS). We are excited to be publishing the best cases on the most current topics in business.
Following are requirements necessary to begin working on a case with a Berkeley Haas Case Writer. Please read through this information BEFORE submitting your application:
1. The lead (first) author for all Berkeley-Haas Cases MUST be a Haas Faculty member.
2. All rights to the case must be signed over to The Regents of the University of California.
3. The lead author (on behalf of all co-authors) must sign an Open Access waiver.
4. A signed Company Consent form from the case subject company is required.
5. It's the authors responsibility to obtain copyright permission for all charts, graphs, videos, etc. for inclusion in the case.
6. All cases must be accompanied by a teaching note for which the faculty must write a first draft.
7. If you're trying to time the completion of your case for a specific class or distribution date, following are critical deadlines to note.
BHCS must receive the final draft of of your case & teaching note by:
▪ September 1 for October 1 completion and inclusion in quarterly update
▪ December 1 for January 1 completion and inclusion in quarterly update
▪ March 1 for April 1 completion and inclusion in quarterly update
▪ June 1 for July 1 completion and inclusion in quarterly update
PLEASE SUBMIT INFORMATION BELOW FOR ONLY ONE CASE. If you don't hear back from us within one week, please send an email to <
Requestor Full Name
The name of the person completing this form
Requestor Haas E-mail
The email of the person completing this form
Lead Author's Full Name
This is who will be the lead (first) author for this case. This MUST be a Haas Faculty member.
Lead Author's Haas E-mail
Best phone number to reach Lead Author.
Please provide the following information for your case:
Check all relevant boxes
I have an idea for a case, but it is not yet written
I need help researching the case
I need help interviewing company contacts for the case
I have a first full draft of a case that needs editing (please email draft to
I have a first full draft of a teaching note that needs editing (please email TN to
Please identify the Lead Author's official Haas Faculty appointment
010 | Professorial – Tenure
011 | Professorial – Non Tenure
012 | Professorial – Recall
016 | Professorial – Emeritus
114 | Acting Professor – Senate
210 | Lecturer with Security of Employment
211 | Lecturer with Potential Security of Employment – 100% – Senate
212 | Lecturer with Security of Employment – Recall
216 | Lecturer with Security of Employment – Emeritus
311 | Professor in Residence
316 | _______ – Senate – Emeritus
124 | Acting Professor – Non Senate
221 | Lecturer with Potential Security of Employment
225 | Lecturer
323 | Visiting Professor
335 | Adjunct Professor
What is the name of the company and/or person that this case is about?
Please provide the full name of the authorizing company contact
This is the company contact who has the authority to sign our consent form which authorizes us to write this case.
Please provide the full email of authorizing company contact
Write a detailed summary of what the case is or will be about. Please provide as much detail here as possible.
What are the key learning points of this case? Please provide as much detail here as possible.
In what classes or executive programs has or would this case been used?
Why is this an important case for Haas to develop/publish?
In other words, what does it teach that other cases on this same topic don't?
Do you plan to have any multimedia ancillaries for this case?
If so, a Haas Video Release form will be required from each participant.
Yes, I plan to create multi-media ancillaries for this case.
No, I do not plan to create multi-media ancillaries for this case.
By when must this case and teaching note be completed?
Leave blank if not needed by a specific date for a class or event. Note that the average completion time for a case is 6 months.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of UC Berkeley.