Virginia Coalition for Prevention of Elder Abuse: 2020 Conference Scholarship Application
The Virginia Coalition for the Prevention of Elder Abuse (VCPEA) is pleased to announce the availability of forty (40) scholarships to the 2020 Annual Conference. The VCPEA conference scholarship is open to professionals in a variety of occupations who provide services to older adults and are interested in increasing their awareness of the issues of adult abuse, neglect or exploitation. Professions include (but are not limited to):
Adult Protective Services Workers
Area Agency on Aging Staff
Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Program Staff
Fire and Rescue Services Personnel
Law Enforcement Officers
Long-Term Care Providers
Mental Health Professionals
Victim Witness Advocates
The 2020 VCPEA conference will be the 26th annual event and will be held at the Kingsmill Resort (Williamsburg, VA) on May 27- 29, 2020.
Applications are encouraged from individuals serving older Virginians from all areas of the state. Check the VCPEA website at
for the conference agenda and other information.
Scholarship recipients will receive:
• Free registration to the 2020 VCPEA conference
• $266.88 to cover the cost of 2 nights lodging at host hotel, to be paid at the conclusion of the conference
Conference scholarships will be open to:
• Virginia residents working in professions that serve older adults
• Preference will be given to applicants who qualify for one or more of the following categories: (1) first-time attendees, (2) those working in rural areas of the state, and (3) those who can attest to a financial hardship
• NOTE you must obtain supervisor/manager approval to attend the conference prior to applying for the scholarship.
Complete each of the sections that follow. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED ON OR BEFORE FEB 29, 2020, 11:55PM (EST). Please note that you will be notified about your application status on or before MARCH 15, 2020. ALSO NOTE that applicants who do not receive a scholarship award will be offered a code to register at the early bird price of $300. As such, DO NOT simultaneously apply here and register via Eventbrite. Those who register on Eventbrite before March 15, 2020 will automatically be denied a scholarship.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Virginia Commonwealth University.